Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Short Domain Landrush Application Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As there seems to be a few people who are looking to apply for short domain names during landrush but who are unable to find a suitable registrar, I've decided to offer an application service to established forum members.

Process:

1. Submit a list of domain names you would like to apply for via e-mail to [email protected] including the details for the applications (registrant name, registrant type, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address).

2. Shortly afterwards you will receive an e-mail acknowledging your request along with details of how to make payment for the application fees (BACS or PayPal).

3. On receipt of your payment your applications will be submitted to Nominet for processing.

4. Once your applications have been processed you will be sent an e-mail containing a VAT invoice for the application fees you have paid us along with the URL and reference numbers for the applications to enable you to pay Nominet their application fee. Payment must be submitted to Nominet by midday on the 22nd of June for your applications to be valid.

Please Note: When making payment to Nominet ensure that you record the auction reference number quoted on the "Payment Successful" page.

5. Any domains you apply for, for which you are the only applicant will be allocated to you by Nominet on the 23rd of June and you will receive an invoice from us (payable immediately) for the registration fees. Once this invoice is paid the tags on the domain names will be changed to the registrar of your choice for no additional charge.

6. For domain names that go to auction; Once the auction is complete, if you are the winning bidder you will need to pay Nominet the cost of your winning bid within 7 days (you will receive an invoice from them). Once you have made payment to Nominet they will allocate the domain name to you and you will receive an invoice from us (payable immediately) for the registration fees. Once this invoice is paid the tags on the domain names will be changed to the registrar of your choice for no additional charge.

Fees (Non-refundable):

£10 + VAT per application (payable to us)
£10 + VAT per application (payable to Nominet)
£10 + VAT per successful registration (payable to us)

+ The cost of your winning bid should the domain name go to auction.

Notes:

Applications will normally only be processed Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 6pm.

Please be patient. All paid for applications will be submitted, but it make take a couple of hours between e-mails.

If for any reason you do not pay Nominet their £10 + VAT fee per application, your applications will not be accepted by them. We'd recommend paying them as soon as you receive the e-mail from us containing the reference numbers.

If applying for .me.uk's please remember these must be registered to an individual and not a company.

Last edited:
great service, I will be signing up. seems fair all round

one question. when you say about the 'per application' to you. is that per list or per domain name?

possible to give one example of say if you applied for 5 x 2 letter .co.uk's? and what it would cost? obviously you can't include the auction finish price as noone will know till the day

cheers

It's per domain name, so if you applied for 5 x LL.co.uk's:

Application Fees: £50 + VAT (to us) and £50 + VAT (to Nominet)

If all 5 were allocated to you on the 23rd of June or they went to auction and you were the highest bidder on all of them then there is a further £50 + VAT for the registration fees payable to us which includes the normal 2 year Nominet registration fee and a no charge tag change to a registrar of your choice.

For bulk orders (25+) submitted in a single e-mail I can discount our application fee slightly. In that case it's best to drop me an e-mail or a PM for a price.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
"Auctions will begin from 20th July" Slap in the middle of holiday season... might be some missed auctions here methinks..

Since we've processed quite a few bulk applications on behalf of various people and others have enquired, I thought it might just be easier to update the thread :)

So, here is the bulk pricing for anyone who is interested.

Fees (Non-refundable):

Our Application Fees (payable to us):
- 1-25 Applications: £10.00 + VAT each
- 25-50 Applications: £7.50 + VAT each
- 50+ Applications: £5.00 + VAT each

Nominet's Application Fees (payable to Nominet): £10 + VAT per application
Registration Fees (payable to us): £10 + VAT per successful registration

+ The cost of your winning bid should the domain name go to auction.

For anyone who is interested in applying for over 100 domains, please contact us for pricing.

We are also offering a heavily discounted rate for people interested in applying for all .co.uk's, .org.uk's or .me.uk's.

Last edited:
Just over 24 hours to go before the application window closes tomorrow at midday.

A few more stats:

---
Based on applications submitted and paid for as of this morning.

Number of .co.uk Domains by Number of Applicants

18 Domains have 3 applicants
68 Domains have 4 applicants
89 Domains have 5 applicants
80 Domains have 6 applicants
84 Domains have 7 applicants
63 Domains have 8 applicants
39 Domains have 9 applicants
28 Domains have 10 applicants
22 Domains have 11 applicants
13 Domains have 12 applicants
8 Domains have 13 applicants
7 Domains have 14 applicants
10 Domains have 15 applicants
10 Domains have 16 applicants
3 Domains have 17 applicants
3 Domains have 18 applicants
1 Domains have 19 applicants
1 Domains have 20 applicants
3 Domains have 21 applicants
1 Domains have 22 applicants
1 Domains have 23 applicants
1 Domains have 24 applicants
1 Domains have 29 applicants

Total No. of Applications: 4189

Number of .org.uk Domains by Number of Applicants

464 Domains have 1 applicants
133 Domains have 2 applicants
28 Domains have 3 applicants
6 Domains have 4 applicants
16 Domains have 5 applicants
4 Domains have 6 applicants
2 Domains have 7 applicants

Total No. of Applications: 956

Number of .me.uk Domains by Number of Applicants

573 Domains have 0 applicants
105 Domains have 1 applicants
24 Domains have 2 applicants
9 Domains have 3 applicants
1 Domains have 4 applicants
1 Domains have 5 applicants
1 Domains have 6 applicants

Total No. of Applications: 195

Great stats, really.

What's the update on the uniques, we were talking only 300-400 different entities the last you looked?

I'm starting to feel like Jon Snow :D

.co.uk: 327 seperate entities (largest number applied for by a single entity: 554)
.org.uk: 70 seperate entities (largest number applied for by a single entity: 651)
.me.uk: 70 seperate entities (largest number applied for by a single entity: 36)

Another couple of statistics that might be of interest...

Based on the applicant name and taking "Limited Companies, LLP's, PLC's, Inc's and Trading As" names as "Companies" and anything else that looks like a company name, the split between company and individual applications is as follows.

Obviously some people are applying as individuals, but the domains are for companies and likewise some domainers are listed as individuals but are really trading entities so take this with a pinch of salt.

.co.uk applicants - 61% Companies | 39% Individuals
.org.uk applicants - 54% Companies | 46% Individuals
.me.uk applicants - 100% Individuals for obvious reasons

Across .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk as a whole there are 27 applicants that have applied for 25 or more domains. The split is 18 Companies and 9 Individuals.

No probs Ben - Always glad to help :D

On a more serious note we will now be processing requests received up until 11:30am tomorrow (30 minutes before the application window closes), however requests received after 10:30am will be on a best efforts basis, strictly in the order received, and depending on demand, we cannot guarantee that they will be submitted in time.

Please remember you have until midday on June the 22nd to pay Nominet their application fees so you don't need to worry if you don't pay Nominet before the application window closes tomorrow.

Also, if you have e-mailed us recently and haven't received any reply please PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Many thanks to everyone who used us to apply for domains during landrush.

The last hour and a half was a bit manic and it's going to take us a bit of time to go through all of the submitted applications and to reply to everyone with reference numbers, but bear with us, you will get an e-mail shortly.

As far as we're aware, although we won't know for sure until we've gone through the backlog, every application requested has been submitted and processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts