20i Domains

Show Blocked Searches

Discussion in 'NameDrive' started by fish, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

found under domain settings , user searches

What exactly does this mean?

blocked by whom? what?, why?

thnx

Fish

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Fish,

The User Searches are the searches made by people coming to the domain. It is either them searching for something in the box or clicking one of the related searches links on the left.
    The more terms which are searched and clicked by the users, the higher they appear on the related searches on the left of a domain for subsequent users.
    If you find there are some terms which have been searched by users which you do not want to appear on your domain, then you can block them from appearing by unchecking the tick box on the left and clicking "save changes".
    Show blocked searches shows the searches which you have decided to block.
    I hope this clears up what these searches do / mean.

Ed

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

Ed hi,

Thanks for swift response.

Suggestion: When the panel shows the user search term each one is 'unticked' to start off with. My confusion is that the title suggests they are already blocked (since they are already ticked).

or is this me looking at this from the wrong perspective, quite possible :???:

Another Q, would it then be good practice to use the most used search terms in the domain settings keyword box?

Cheers

><(((0>

P.S. I have some strange 'invalid entiries' on my home page, the first two are mine, the bottom 4 are not.. and I have not tried at all to add them

5. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Fish,

The "Show blocked searches" link only appears if you have deselected some of the user searches from appearing. If you click it, then the deselected searches appear in grey with the tick box unchecked. Searches which are checked are the ones which will appear on your domain.
    Using the most searched term would certainly be a good idea for the keyword. If not that exact term, something along those lines which perhaps pays better would be a good idea.
    On the invalid entries, if you click "ignore all" and then "add domains", they should go away.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.