Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Site for sale

Reaction score
Sold pending the buyer getting an affiliate account, see last post.

Last edited:
Any more interest in this one?

A bit more info on the site, it costs virtually nothing to run, my hosting is about €150 per year and I have about 10 sites, so €15 total outlay for this site, no other costs involved.

I haven't touched the site since 2015, apart from changing colours or adding a background, it could definitely do with a different theme or coding to make it look a lot better than what I've done with it.

The site has had no SEO done on it, so it sits there earning just as it is, which means there's loads you can do to increase the revenue. For someone who can do SEO and knows how to make a site that actually looks good, I'm positive that the revenue could be massively increased.

I'm not sure what car hire terms the site ranks for, as it's not something I was bothered about, and I don't have access to tools that can tell me those things.

I've only checked about 3 different car hire search terms in Google, It's usually position 1-3 on page 2 for the name of the domain which has the words "car hire" in it, but has been position 7, 8, 9 and 10 on page 1 on different days over the last couple of weeks, currently position 10 on page 1 today.

I don't check Google much, but It sometimes ranks for the "europe car hire" search term, other times it's nowhere to be seen for that term, then it comes back again the day after, then vanishes again, no idea why.

As an example, for the "europe car hire" term that has 10K-100K searches per month, I have a recent screenshot showing it at position 2 on page 2 for that term, next time I looked it was nowhere, I checked again yesterday and it was back on page 2 in position 5, today it has gone again. It would be nice if it could get on page one for that term.

There's a good amount of written content on the site, there are 50 countries of Europe pages with around 1K words on each, and for the capital of each of those countries there are around 650 words average. There are 181 UK town and city pages with around 500 - 600 words on each, and 31 airport pages with around 450 words on each of those, so about 196K words in all.

If you had to pay for that content, even at say £10 per 1,000 words that would cost £2K, and some writers charge a lot more than that.

The site has Google Analytics, but the site theme auto updated and removed the Analytics code, which I must have spotted some time around May 2017, because I fixed the site back to how it was before, but I forgot to add the Analytics code back in, I only discovered that on September 20th 2017 when I was checking something else.

A check of the site history on archive.org shows the Analytics code was present on the site on Jul 20th 2016, but wasn't on there on Sep 24th 2016. So I was thinking there must be about 12-13 months of Analytics missing from Sep 2016 - Sep 2017, but having logged in to Analytics it's actually showing some sessions on the site for those dates above where there was no Analytics code on the site :confused: Anyway, if you want access to Analytics, you can view them.

Last edited:
I'm interested Kev. The normal valuation model for sites ranges from 12 - 36 months. But if your TTM revenue is around £2.5k then this is looking like a very high valuation. PM me please.

Hi Steve, never heard of TTM before, had to Google it, stop sounding like a bloody city businessman :) Will PM you shortly.

Last edited:
All further PM's replied to, I'll leave this up for a couple more days for any more enquiries. First post updated with BIN price.

I've been asked if Analytics are on the site, yes they are, see my longer post above though regarding that. Also asked if the revenue is verifiable, yes it is, the screen shots in the first post are taken from my bank showing payments received, and I also have the completed bookings listed in my affiliate account showing all earnings.

Last edited:
I forgot I have OBS Studio on my computer, which takes video of the webpage your viewing, I could use that to show the completed bookings for each month at my affiliates site, for revenue verification.

The video would be fairly long though, because their bookings system isn't very good, it only lets you view 31 days at a time, and if it's a 31 day month, it doesn't show the total at the bottom, so I'd need to show 1st - 30th first, then change it to 2nd - 31st, in order to show the total, bit of a pain and long winded though.

I added a BIN to the first post, and will be removing this from sale tomorrow evening, so last chance today/tomorrow if you want the site details or access to what there is left of the Google Analytics.

I now have an offer on the table, they don't wish their offer to be divulged, but you'll see who it is if I decide to sell at that price. I've told them I'll think about it overnight and that this sale ends tomorrow evening, so it's time to send any further enquiries if you want access to Google Analytics, and to get your offers in if you're intending to bid.

Ok, I've had a good think about it and had a word with she who must be obeyed lol, she needs a fancy kiln and a shed load of jewellery making equipment and supplies, so I (we/she) decided that the offer on the table is sufficient to sell at, and this sale will close at 6:00pm today (Nov 30th), so any further interest or offers will need to be made before that time, cheers.

[Edited to change time from 8:00pm to 6:00pm]

Last edited:
**UPDATE TO END TIME**

The member who made the offer has sent a PM saying he'd be out for dinner when this was scheduled to end at 8:00pm today, and has asked if I can bring it forward to an earlier end time, so the new end time is now 6:00pm today.

This is now sold, but pending a possible problem, the buyer went on to the rentalcars site to register an aff account and got a rejection email that contains no reasons why he was rejected. It may be because he entered the url of my site during the sign up process, and the system recognised it as already on their system.

The buyer has been given the rentalcars key account managers email and phone number to try and get things sorted out, hopefully.

Last edited:
Yes it did, I bought it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom