Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

uk 1 letter uk

Reaction score
We are selling a 1 letter uk (f)

Open to offers or will list on flip with no reserve if someone puts the first bid at £30k.

Last auction sale was for g and it reached around $100k so plenty of upside.

Feel free to comment as to your thoughts on value.

I think wholesale around £50k-£75k and end user £150k+

It would be interesting to auction to see where the market is really at as these types of domains typically don't get publicly sold.

Wholesale 50-75k lol

g.co.uk and g.uk sold for around 90k but that was bidding against the BEST end user GOOGLE and they didn't want it in the end.

Your trying to sell a .UK and not a pair so to try and hype it up is funny.

Open to offers or will list on flip with no reserve if someone puts the first bid at £30k.

It would be interesting to auction to see where the market is really at as these types of domains typically don't get publicly sold.

It will only sell to someone who wants a play on the word Fuck, not many respectable companies would like to see their web address as f.uk.

Just my opinion.

I can offer £100 to start the auction .. Low starting bid might draw more interest with a reserve. sadly this will be a nightmare for any company as it might sound like swearing at an entire union “F .uk “very hard to repeat on Ads ..online or offline or even in a convo in the era when people are very sensitive best of luck

Last edited:
I can offer £100 to start the auction .. Low starting bid might draw more interest with a reserve. sadly this will be a nightmare for any company as it might sound like swearing at an entire union “F .uk “very hard to repeat on Ads ..online or offline or even in a convo in the era when people are very sensitive best of luck

From feedback i am receiving they like it as a domain hack for adult, dating or parody. But this is feedback from international buyers.

Seems very uncalled for to post negative feedback on someone's sales thread like this, it wasn't posted in appraisals.

Seems very uncalled for to post negative feedback on someone's sales thread like this, it wasn't posted in appraisals.
Ryan did say 'Feel free to comment as to your thoughts on value.'

Ryan did say 'Feel free to comment as to your thoughts on value.'

All feedback is good feedback.

Only thing is that there is no need to be brutal - like calling it hype etc etc is not needed.

This highlights why domains don't sell well when even UK domainers are negative about it.

Anyway as the post started - all feedback is welcome.

It will only sell to someone who wants a play on the word Fuck, not many respectable companies would like to see their web address as f.uk.

Just my opinion.

Yes i agree with this although weirdly some people like that as it is not as brutal as fuck so could be tongue in cheek but personally i agree.

1 letter uk/co.uk are very difficult to sell similar to 2 letter coms. There are buyers but it is a potential long term hold to get an end user exit

How many of the "26 letters: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z." .co.uk or .uk are actually in use by legitimate businesses? Do they almost seem too good to be true, too short to be real and could cause confusion?

Seems like the type of domain a domainer would love, but an end user would not. Just because a domain is short does not make it valuable or desirable in the real world. The real world being, adopted and used by a legitimate business or entity.

Agreed although there are a few held by big companies

A - alpinestars.com (redirect)
B - live site
T - live site - UK active
U - UKTVPlay (redirect)
V - Virgin (redirect)
X - radioX (redirect)
Y - Yahoo (redirect)
Z - Zurich (active)

There was a sale end of last year or early this year for $140k via SEDO.

It needs a longterm hold so not exciting but when buyers do come along then the number is usually worth the hold.

We had an offer on a pair which we turned down at £150k (around 6 months ago).

F.uk is a bit divisive as some people love it for a clothing brand etc but others think it is limited to Adult category.

Agreed although there are a few held by big companies

A - alpinestars.com (redirect)
B - live site
T - live site - UK active
U - UKTVPlay (redirect)
V - Virgin (redirect)
X - radioX (redirect)
Y - Yahoo (redirect)
Z - Zurich (active)

There was a sale end of last year or early this year for $140k via SEDO.

It needs a longterm hold so not exciting but when buyers do come along then the number is usually worth the hold.

We had an offer on a pair which we turned down at £150k (around 6 months ago).

F.uk is a bit divisive as some people love it for a clothing brand etc but others think it is limited to Adult category.

you clearly know what you are doing no need to convince anyone :).. apologies if my opinion caused offence

wish you the best .

Last edited:
you clearly know what you are doing no need to convince anyone :).. apologies if my opinion caused offence

wish you the best .

Nah its cool - i didn't take offence - just good to talk through things and see where people are at.

The reality at the moment is that the uk market isn't great - will be great if we can get back to old times and some excitement!

Looking forward to seeing the sale goes. Good luck!

Nominet letting one person own the main bulk of the 2 and 1 letters when they dropped was so dumb imho. Even if they did have the deepest pockets. Hopefully this one ends up with an end user...

Going to be interesting to watch how this one plays out - imho, for single letter domains they can only be viewed from a pure branding perspective, and therefore the .uk looks and sounds much better than .co.uk - although I agree with the sentiment of a previous comment, that if you were going to drop that kind of cash on a domain, wouldn’t you want both to protect your brand?

Of all the single letter domains, that one has got to have the most appeal in terms of how it looks and sounds - Suk or Luk are the only two that I think come close, so that says a lot :D

FCUK have done a great job of implying the swear word, without denigrating their own brand…

I think the bigger challenge from an investment perspective, would be unless you already know who you’re going to sell it to, why would you tie up £30k+ into a domain name, and then have to sit on it for the next 5-10-20 years in the hope that an end-user buys into your vision, when you could drop that into a diversified Crypto holding, and expect to 10x your money in the next 3-4 years…

FCUK have done a great job of implying the swear word, without denigrating their own brand…
How does that work... They're either purposefully implying swearing or they're not, surely. Looks like their original campaign caused a lot of headlines and they play on it all the time "fcuk her/him", "fcuk corona" masks.
when you could drop that into a diversified Crypto holding, and expect to 10x your money in the next 3-4 years…
Have you done this then? Most people aren't 10x-ing their money with crypto from what I can tell. I've had money in it and it's doing shite a lot of the time. Not that I've tried hard

Last edited:
No I haven’t had money in Crypto yet - done what little available cash I had on domains :D

But I have a couple of personal friends who have done real well and are still in it for the long haul - and would definitely put a % of assets into it if I could.

But to keep the thread on topic - I reckon the best chance of success with that domain would be to partner with someone who has the cash, motivation and experience to build a fashion brand around it - spend the cash on branding and marketing to create a real asset…

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom