Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Twitter and Facebook for Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm quite a late starter to this new Twitter and Facebook universe that seems to have been created. I have been playing around with accounts to try and understand it better and how it can help others share, network and benefit.

I guess I am being quite naive but after posting regular tweets I've only had one follower. It's a branded profile offering letting people find free stuff and discounts (all genuine, nothing affiliated). I am happy with the design and the content and waiting for this snowball effect of followers but it's not happening. As it's a business profile I don't want to start following random people or those that may have mentioned something about discounts or free stuff - but what's the best way to let people know you're around?

Also a question - the latest quite annoying ad from Cuprinol on prime time TV (with the equally annoying 'wood preservation society' jingle) asking people to 'join their Facebook campaign for better wooden fences' - is it a good idea or a very poor attempt and waste of money from a company that thinks it needs to get on Facebook but don't really get it.

Just can't help think why would anyone want to join a Facebook campain for wood paint...and waste of £xxx,xxx

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Any links?

I don't want to start following random people or those that may have mentioned something about discounts or free stuff

It's one way to get people who are interested in free stuff and discounts to notice you though. If the content you are offering is good quality (and better than others) then people will notice and spread the word.

Also a question - the latest quite annoying ad from Cuprinol on prime time TV (with the equally annoying 'wood preservation society' jingle) asking people to 'join their Facebook campaign for better wooden fences' - is it a good idea or a very poor attempt and waste of money from a company that thinks it needs to get on Facebook but don't really get it.

The jingle is memorable though so it does work.

I'm sure they could have invested their money better with Facebook, but over 8,000 likes and a bit of activity on their 'wall' for a pretty boring product isn't too bad I guess.

http://www.facebook.com/Cuprinol

The easiest way to get followers on Twitter is to find other Twitter accounts that offer the same stuff as you do, click on their followers list, go through the followers and follow them all, I did that on my mine since February/March, found businesses and other tweeters for the same area that my site is to do with, and currently have over 1,100 followers.

Thanks guys

@Kev - it's such an obvious idea but one hadn't thought of. Have started doing this today with 10 followers but nothing reciprocal yet, will try a few a day.

@wb - yes should have provided. It's www.twitter.com/restaurantsave

will try a few a day.

I suggest you do more than a few a day :), I used to keep following people until I used up my hourly Twitter allowance, and then kept on until I had followed 2000 people over about 10 days. Twitter wont let you follow any more than 2000, as you then need to have a certain % of people following you back before the 2000 cap increases.

I didn't realise that until I hit the cap, so I used these 2 Twitter apps:

www.justunfollow.com
www.fllwrs.com

I used stats from those sites to unfollow the people who weren't following me back, on the justunfollow site you can unfollow 50 people per 24 hours, and whilst deleting those, I followed another 50 or so new accounts each day, so that currently I follow 1,174 and 1,156 have followed me back.

The more people you follow in a certain niche, the more people Twitter will suggest you in that niche, so following lots of relevant people will ensure your username will appear more to more people.

If you have a giveaway on your main site and encourage social media participation, that can help massively.

Also, may sound obvious, but profile design and avatar can play a big part too. Make sure it looks good on any resolution.

And make sure you're not coming across like a spammer - many people who promote just discounts and links do come across that way.

Also, get involved and get interacting with people - don't sit there and wait for them to @ you. Don't send them sales messages, but talk about things related to your discounts in a vague way. See what other discount people are doing and do it better.

www.brandchirp.com If you know me and would like to try this out (free) for an extended period, let me know :)

Cheers
J

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom