Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ukreg.com email forwarding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

This may affect a few people. I have my emails from domains registered with ukreg.com forwarded to my hotmail account, I’ve noticed a drop in volume over the last few days, I enquired with ukreg and it turns out that there is a problem with forwarded emails to hotmail accounts, ukreg reply below

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your enquiry,(ticket702716). We have been experiencing issues with Hotmail over
the last few days, it appears that certain e-mails are not getting through. Our forwarding
service is fully functional, and the problem has not been occurring on any addresses other than
Hotmail, so the problem is their end. You may need to speak to them and find out if they are
blocking forwarded mail.

Regards,

Xtreme Support Team
Fasthosts Internet Ltd.

Pete

One would have thought, with a name like "Xtreme support", they would have contacted Hotmail on your behalf to see what the problem was. Particularly because it's probably affecting many of their customers.

But then again I'm not impartial as I loathe Fasthosts having used them back in 2000. I've never met such a bunch of idiots who don't care about their customers in my life.

Rumour has it that they're a lot better now. At least they replied to your support ticket!

This is a hotmail problem - without a doubt.

Many online retailers will not accept hotmail email adresses because of the huge amount of fraud that comes from them.

It looks as though hotmail are trying to tighten up their system by filtering out most of the rubbish that runs thru their mail servers.

I understand NTL & BT yahoo are also stopping large amounts of mail.

Sure i accept it's a Hotmail problem but suspect incoming mail would normally be put into the junk mail folder. You then would then at least have a chance to pick up on the problem. These emails are just disappearing without a trace.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom