Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Virgin broadband dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else got this been down for about 12 hours :)

and wtf you have to pay to speak to them now!

Mine was out for a couple of hours last night but a couple of reboots kick started it again.

for the past couple of weeks my allegedly 8mb broadband has been running at dial up speeds. v frustrating, seems to be going down a lot as well.

Yep mines down in North London, has been since about 9pm last night, tried a couple of reboots but downpath still not showing on set top box.

Good job I can pick up my neighbours high speed broadband on my macbook;)

Mine was down for a couple of hours last night. Now its running at dial up speeds as usual! :( They cap it in the evenings too.!

mine was down from around 7pm last night , was updating one of my arcades when the stoopid thing went down, fed up with virginmedia - keeps going up and down, If I see that branson guy I'm gonna give his goatie a good tug.

Oh thats good glad everyone else has problems, nothing worse then being the only one.

Unfortunately you guys are right, Virgin have ruined what used to be a good system.

It's always my mail that goes missing or dial up speed broadband.

Plus now it costs you 25p a minute to talk to some Indian Call centre about the problem.

A good friend of mine uses his T-Mobile 3G datacard as his main internet connection, and doesn't have any issues.

I have never had any broadband issues, but then again, I don't rely on a tv company to provide my internet ;)

I use a payg t-mobile sim and have a pcmia laptop card, cost £1 if I use it otherwise nothing. Its good but still prefer my superduper broadband as long as it works.. which has been crashing every few hours since coming back :(

UW offer blackberry at £22 a month, and includes unlimited internet roaming worldwide, and 20,000 emails per month. They were also voted number one in the recent Which magazie report.

Check them out over at Utility Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts