Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Was I right to drop Game-Cheat.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Was I right to drop Game-Cheat.net? I've done a few of these posts and like hearing the feedback ... and I could always renew if I wanted!! Seriously though, I probably won't, as I am trying to focus. I thought it was a reasonable name, but I got no offers in a rather hurried offer for sale on Acorn.

Thoughts then please.

Rgds

Yes, you were right to drop it.

Did make me wonder why you would ask for offers over £350 on your recent for sale thread for it though, where you even said you were planning to drop it if it doesn't sell. :?

Surely if you were going to drop it, offers over "anything" would be better than nothing? Even taking this into account though, I'm not sure an offer at any level would have been made.

Did make me wonder why you would ask for offers over £350 on your recent for sale thread for it though, where you even said you were planning to drop it if it doesn't sell. :?

Yes, mentioning I'm going to drop is probably not the best sales tactic!! It's because I am being kept so busy with development stuff that these domain renewals come up very quickly, so I offer them at the last minute. I am being tough with myself and finding it hard!! Over the last year I've dropped around 180 domains, leaving me with around 340. The fundamental issue is I've discovered that I can't put sites on domains nearly as fast as I can reg domains!! It's hard dropping domains that you feel could be developed into a successful site, but there are only so many hours in the day.

As far as domains are concerned, I now feel quality, quality, quality ... only that stays.

Rgds

Hey

Quality counts in everything

Everytime

Don't be disheartened

Be encouraged

Every tree that is planted

When pruned

Produces a greater harvest

It takes balls to review and move forwards

God bless you

Jayne x

Jayne did someone challenge you to get prune, balls and the almighty in the same post?

Accelerator - I think many of us are in the same boat (reducing the portfolio and carrying costs. That's why we are all putting lists out. Maybe the economy so sales and site income is down? Personally I having been getting as many big sales as I used to so it's made me reflect more on what I pick up.

One thing that's been eye opening for me is that although I let many drop without attempting to sell, I've done a big push with a group of names to get them sold and the £50-250 sales really add up (great especially when I was going to let many of these names drop).

I think you were right to drop it.

I think a lot of domainers seem to be coming round to quality over quantity

DROP it!

Focus your energy on things that really matter. I think I heard that somewhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom