Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk Website potentially for sale/Dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this kind of thinking that leaves some domainers with piles of domains that they are never going to sell.

You also need to give a price above what you actually want, in order to be able to let the buyer make a lower offer, and then sell at what you wanted.

If you'd told them what you wanted in the first place, you wouldn't get it.

Rgds

It's a good domain in a sector with good business potential. I would imagine it is very competitive though, all the more reason for having a good domain like this.

Rgds

Just ashame we worked with a bogus SEO company from 2009, but what they were doing seemed to work without being penalised for 3 years. In hindsight and all that.... We learn I suppose :) and yes a very competitive field, we also have PersonalisedCardsdotcodotuk and have no idea what to do with it too.

Personally, I don't view making maximum return as "silly".

Do you think buyers are stupid... we know what you're doing and why. You're not going to see a better return... in fact you're going to see a worse one as you now need to factor in all of the negotiation wasted time.

You also need to give a price above what you actually want, in order to be able to let the buyer make a lower offer, and then sell at what you wanted.

If you'd told them what you wanted in the first place, you wouldn't get it

If you told me a reasonable price in the first email and it was legitimately not for negotiation I would be very happy to give you the price you wanted, rather than play the silly, childish & boring game of you saying you want £2000 so me being forced to counter with £500 for a domain we both know is worth £1000 :)

But what if your dealing with a buyer who doesn't have any idea what the domain is worth?

Then we only have said domainers perceived value to go on - which could be under priced in buyers eyes, (if its from here generally won't be :D )

Without split testing the approach across 100's of potential domain purchases its impossible to say.

But I feel that you're likely going to earn the same amount of money anyway, but massively increase your workload. Sure you might dupe someone into paying double what you wanted every once in a blue moon... but you're also going to scare some buyers off too who would have been willing to deal at a reasonable price.

Do you think buyers are stupid... we know what you're doing and why. You're not going to see a better return... in fact you're going to see a worse one as you now need to factor in all of the negotiation wasted time.

Dear Mr Monkey, thank you for taking the time to air your views about the advice I take the time to give others here. I would like to reassure you that all advice is given with the benefit of practical experience in real domain name negotiations and sales.

Rgds

Is it a manual link penalty you have received? One of my sites that use to earn 6 figures yearly got a manual link penalty due to www.epicado.com shady work. After many disavow files we eventually got rid of the toothpick and took a bulldozer to our link profile. We then got the manual penalty removed but believe we were still under algorithmic as well. Since the last update we have now started to see a rise of about 30% pre update.

We were lucky that we had other earning sites to fall back on but bottom line is to not give up. We did all the contacting of the webmasters and all that bull none of that helped. The only thing that did was disavowing our whole link profile. We are now starting as afresh as we can with content led outreach and a reputable SEO freelancer.

Is it a manual link penalty you have received?
Yes, we have been asked to remove links and resubmit

We were lucky that we had other earning sites to fall back on but bottom line is to not give up.
Same circumstances

We did all the contacting of the webmasters and all that bull none of that helped. The only thing that did was disavowing our whole link profile. We are now starting as afresh as we can with content led outreach and a reputable SEO freelancer.
We did not know where to start to be fair and as above other business was fairly steady at the time. we may revisit this in turn of year.

Good luck with growing, sounds like you have a good plan.

Mark

Thanks for advice and opinions, this thread can now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom