20i Domains

When is it worth getting a Tag?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by accelerator, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Hi All

If you are managing hundreds of domains, does it become cheaper to become a tag holder yourself? If so, at what point in terms of number of domain names?

Can someone give me a quick overview of the charges that would be involved, including the domain renewal fee once you become a Tag holder (and member of Nominet I guess).

Thanks

Accel

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Retired Member

If all the domains are yours then you should be able to renew them with a click of a button and for £5

But if you have different customers then you really need a backend and a website like www.123-reg.co.uk

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. But as a tag holder only renewal would be at the regular rate of £80+vat

S

5. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

If your only interested in saving money then I would just stick with 123-reg. Even quite a few catchers transfer domains out.

6. tmsdomreg

tmsdomreg Active Member

No, the £80 rate is what Nominet charge if a Registrant (not a TAG holder) renews their domain directly with them. TAG holder rate is £5.00 :D

Peter

7. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

TAG holder rate is only £5 if you are also a Nominet member I think?

Grant

8. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Member rate is £5.00 + VAT. Non-member rate is £80.00 + VAT. The rate for renewing a domain name directly with Nominet is the same as the non-member, but with own tag, rate. It's the membership (or lack of) that determines the rate. Any entity can apply for a tag for free, whether or not they are a member of Nominet. DAC access is only available to members, presumably to stop people applying for hundreds of free tags. Taking things logically, the DAC is useful to all tag holders regardless of their membership status. However this is how it is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.