Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

wordpress mu widgets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of such a plugin to use on wordpress mu that will allow me to publish widgets across a network of sites?

I am looking to log into the main wordpress mu site widgets and be able to edit for example the txt widget and when edited it changes across all sites.

Not quite what your looking for, but when I needed to update some active / inactive plugins, I just ran a mysql query, could you not use a simple php script script to read the master, and update the slaves on a cron ?

cheers spider, ill take a look at them.

Steven, i was under the impression i could add/edit widgets from one main wp mu site and it changes across all sites in one click but at the moment have not found a way to do this.

It was my understanding you can't make global changes to widgets and plugins, because its assumed each site is a unique user, thus they control their own plugins and widgets.

I don't use WP MU myself, only had passing experience when working on others.

If you do figure it out I'd also log it on Wordpress Trac as a potential bug! :)

As mentioned afaik they should be treated as separate identities. Though the plugin may itself only register the single widget multiple instances can be spread over a single or multi-blog instances.

In reality you could probably dig into the code and do this but going against the flow.

If you do figure it out I'd also log it on Wordpress Trac as a potential bug! :)

As mentioned afaik they should be treated as separate identities. Though the plugin may itself only register the single widget multiple instances can be spread over a single or multi-blog instances.

In reality you could probably dig into the code and do this but going against the flow.

Yeah i just had an idea which thought would work but didnt :) back to the drawing boards.

Is it just text you would want to update globally / do all the sites use the same template could always use a php include

I've done that before, using the text widget, I've added an include into the widget then I update the include and it updates all the sites.

Sometimes dirty and nasty gets the job done :)

Is it just text you would want to update globally / do all the sites use the same template could always use a php include

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom