Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

wordpress single site hosting recommendations

Reaction score
Most have lots of sites all over the place but I was wondering if anyone had tried anywhere and been really happy.

guru.co.uk - Very good as well and if you are running Wordpress they use Litespeed which is fantastic.

Their first line support really know their stuff.

Last edited:
Smarthosting.co.uk, now owned by Krystal. They use lightspeed. Had a VPS with them for a while. Migrating to their premium reseller. Top support and hosting.

a2hosting get my vote, although I don't know about their support as I've never used it.

For speed and price, they're the best I've used.

20i would be my second choice.

I have been using HiHosting.co.uk for about 6 months. Support requests are answered very quickly around the clock.

How 'techie' are you?
We now use Serverpilot on Vultr instances, with any tech support needed coming from Serverpilot sysadmins.
Though since moving nothing has ever gone down and we've only actually needed support once.
Vultr is basically DigitalOcean but cheaper.

Otherwise, Krystal are still good

Vultr is basically DigitalOcean but cheaper.

Both Vultr and DO are pretty poor for their spec's for the cost and their networks are heavily saturated which hurts overall performance I've found ( especially DO though ). If you've got the know how check out Hetzner, decent spec and well looked after and maintained equipment and well respected. Only downside with Hetzner is only 2 country datacenter ( finland and germany ) but if you're using a premium DNS like DNS made easy or cloudflare then you don't really need to worry about location too much depending on where your core traffic is coming from.

If your traffic is primarily out of the US then my recommendation would be SSDNodes. Both SSD nodes and Hetzner use RAID 10 on their SSD's

Having said all the above, I havent tested Vultr since early this year and they have since started using Xeon Skylake CPU's on some plans which are quite a performance improvement. But the cost difference between all 3 can be considerable.

allthe.domains offers fully managed wordpress hosting (https://allthe.domains/web-hosting/managed-wordpress) which will handle everything for you, currently with 50% off all plans.

Alternatively there's the standard hosting option (https://allthe.domains/web-hosting) can get 20% off hosting plans with "ACORN20" at checkout.

All plans are on superfast SSD UK Servers, Lightspeed and multilayer caching so your site should fly :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom