Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Moving a WP site to new host?

WP Installations can be automatically imported from a remote hosting account using WP Toolkit which is on all cPanel accounts

Hey Rolandas, do you also provide service? I need to migrate my few sites to new hosting plan without affecting my data etc.Thank you!

Hi, I can't help you directly with moving your WordPress site because I focus on a different area.

But you can use a service like BlogVault.net for moving WordPress sites. They do also have a free (no card required) fully functional trial. Established and good brand. All the best!

Or, if you'd prefer someone to handle the move for you, I'm sure some Acorn members would be happy to help for a reasonable fee.

Good luck moving your sites!

UPDATE: Login problem now rectified

I have an old ClassiPress WP directory site on HostGator, that I wouldn't mind keeping, if it's easy to move it, I've just done a Google search and it looks a bit complicated, is there an easy way to save a WP site and upload it at a new host?

From what I read, it seems you can download the site from cPanel and save it to your computer, same with the database, can't remember if that was a database I had to set up in cPanel, or did it set up a database when I did the one click WP install, if so, is the database part of the WP site files if I downloaded them?

This has got to be done by tomorrow if I am to save it, as tomorrow is when my hosting payment would have been due, but I cancelled the hosting as it's gone up from $176 to $250 per year, and I only use it to host 1 email address for the last few years, the site itself has been inactive for years.

Not got a new webhost yet, I'll probably register with and use HostMaria.

Hi, I am just about to move our old ("a bit" abandoned) Classipress site outlived.co.uk to a fresh vps > the site with 3GB database (mostly users) has outgrown most shared hosting offers, including ours at HostMaria (we/20i allow a database to grow up-to 1 gb size > then the size needs to be reduced). .. and, on 20i, have to admit, Classipress sites work just fine after being set up, and then after 1 year+ start having issues on allowing to renew ads. .. also disabling ads.. strange issue I have noticed with all the Classipress site I've owned and hosted on 20i. Otherwise the Cloud is great.

I will be testing: 8gb ram, 2cores/4threads, 60gb disk space vps (I have already prepared one for ourselves) + Fastpanel (free) + free Cloudflare plan for DNS
If tests are successful, I'm planing to charge £20/month for Clasipress hosting, and probably will be able to add free migration. Could you be interested as well?
We have a new employee - talanted programmer Prashanna from Nepal, and he will be put on this task next week.

H

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom