Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wordpress UK domain name portfolio plugin script

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found a plugin for Wordpress that allows you to easily create a domain name portfolio, to list all your name for sale.

For the non-technical of you I have modded it to better support a UK domain name portfolio.

Portfolio Homepage:

homepage.jpg

Offer Page:

offerpage.jpg

Wordpress Admin:

admin.jpg

To install the plugin:

1. Unzip file and put contents into your plug-ins directory. You should have the following file tree:
    • wp-content
      • plugins
        • domain-portfolio
          • captcha.php
          • dp.php
          • dp-install.php
          • dp-export.php
          • dp-edit.php
          • dp-bulkadd.php
          • dp-adminpanel.php
          • dp-import.php
          • dp-options.php
          • exporter.php
          • punycode
            • idna_convert.class.php
            • transcode_wrapper.php
            • uctc.php
          • temp
            • temp.xml
          • images
            • contact.gif
            • captcha.png
            • asc.gif
            • desc.gif
            • info.gif
            • pre.gif
  2. CHMOD the “temp” folder to 777
  3. Activate the plug-in through the Wordpress Plugins manager
  4. Once activated, go to ‘Manage > Pages’ in the administration panel and edit the page named “Domain Portfolio”
  5. Click publish
  6. Now it’s all setup! Visit ‘Manage > DN Portfolio’ to start adding your domain names!
The files can be downloaded here

Any issues I will try to help.

Admin

looks good. Did you just translate an existing version or develop it? [noticed acorn link in screenie]

I'm currently using it... though just about the last thing to sort out for the formatting. Needs field value tinkering as well... http://www.anyname.co.uk/domains/portfolio

Done a couple of additions & bug fixes to it as well. Will be adding category support and linking it to wp-ecommerce in the near future

S

I removed the Registrar and expiration fields, that's very .COM mentality where the registration could be a year or less.

Categories would be good.

This looks great, just what I'm looking for to list my domain names - cheers! :)

I removed the Registrar and expiration fields, that's very .COM mentality where the registration could be a year or less.

Categories would be good.

This plugin was created by Mitchell Bundy AKA Borghunter...

Just a few things to note:

a) When I installed the plugin on my blog it 'broke' my RSS feeds by adding in lines of CSS code to the beginning of the feed... I tried to fix it but didn't get anywhere with it - check your feeds after you've installed it!

b) It isn't really neccessary to make code changes as you can add / remove column fields in the WP admin backend. :p

c) I don't think there will be a release with catagories as this is something I suggested months ago but there hasn't been any movement on further development since Feb this year...

Rich :cool:

a) Fixed. Style is now only added to header

c) I'm going to do that myself

Other changes I've made.
1>Can now add to more than one page if required (currently set to 1 page in options)
2>Pagination changed

If anyone wants the updated file & styles let me know. I'll let the developer know. If he wants the updates then ok, if he's not bothered about developing it I'll fork it and do it myself.

New look @ http://www.anyname.co.uk/domain/portfolio.

Anyone interested in sales/trades let me know!!

Stephen

Thanks for the find, I downloaded via borghunter site but had an error once installed.

Code:
Warning: join() [function.join]: Bad arguments. in /~~~/public_html/wp-content/plugins/domain-portfolio/dp-options.php on line 14

Im guessing this has been writen for mysql5?
error highlighted from Manage > DN Portfolio
clicking the top Update Options
(removed Contact to prevent people submitting offers)

EDIT:-
Doh its nothing to do with MSQL but following line. I cant see whats up if anyone can assist.
Code:
update_option("dp_contactfields", join(',', $_POST['dp_contactfields']));

Last edited:
I've noticed the error. Probably because php5's error reporting is normally a bit stricter.

join is an alias of implode for joining components of an array, here into a comma-delimeted csv.

Probably the error is due to an empty array. Probably needs some defensive coding before the call to join.

Try putting print_r ($_POST['dp_contactfields']) before the call to debug the arguments contents.

It's on my list of things to do for the module.

S

Thats done the trick - count array elements, if zero drop in a default.

Thanks

If you are listing many many domains and wouldnt want all [1] - [9999] prev.next boxes. the fiollowing will help make your site more human readable by editing the following sections within dp.php.

(while it lasts an example can be found on nulls co uk)

Find
PHP:
<?php
	if ($page > 1) {
		echo "<a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=".($page - 1)."&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"Previous Page\">&lt;Prev</a> ";
	}
  for ($i=1;$i<=$pages;$i++) {
	if ($i == $page) {
		echo "[$i]";
	} else {
		echo "<a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=$i&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\">[$i]</a>";
	}
  }
  if ($page < $pages) {
		echo " <a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=".($page + 1)."&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"Next Page\">Next &gt;</a> ";
	}
?>

Replace
PHP:
<?php
if ($page > 1) {
		echo " <a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=1&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"First Page\">&lt;&lt; First</a> ";
		echo " <a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=".($page - 1)."&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"Previous Page\">&lt;Prev</a> ";
	}
if ($page < $pages) {
		echo "<strong>[$page / $pages]</strong>";
		echo " <a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=".($page + 1)."&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"Next Page\">Next&gt;</a> ";
		echo " <a href=\"?page_id=$pageid&page=".$pages."&dir=$dir&orderby=$orderby".(isset($_GET['search-term']) ? '&search-term='.$_GET['search-term'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['ext']) && $_GET['ext'] != '') ? '&ext='.$_GET['ext'] : '')."".((isset($_GET['lang']) && $_GET['lang'] != '') ? '&lang='.$_GET['lang'] : '')."\" title=\"Last Page\">Last &gt;&gt;</a> ";
	} else {
		echo "<strong>[$page / $pages]</strong>";
	}
?>

The above original lines would be found in two places. The first (above your domain list) found around lines 245 - 257 and the second (below domain list) around lines 320 - 342.

Last edited:
Just a heads up... this doesn't work properly in WP2.7. The callback script name I think is hardcoded and WP2.7 used the new tools.php file.

The orgiginal coder seems to have lost interest... mrmango.ca. The latest version should have been released in June.

As it's GNU I'm going to fork it and rewrite it along better Wordpress plugin standards and release it under a different name. Ill try and add a few extra things as well.

S

Just a heads up... this doesn't work properly in WP2.7. The callback script name I think is hardcoded and WP2.7 used the new tools.php file.

The orgiginal coder seems to have lost interest... mrmango.ca. The latest version should have been released in June.

As it's GNU I'm going to fork it and rewrite it along better Wordpress plugin standards and release it under a different name. Ill try and add a few extra things as well.

S

It would be excellent if this was rewritten... If you need any help testing or with design elements please let me know as I wouldn't mind getting involved!

The quick fix to get it working in WP2.7 is to replace all instances of edit.php with tools.pgp in dp-adminpanel.php.

S

I've been tinkering with the AD version of this.

All works well apart from it screws up the full RSS feed with CSS formatting code.

Anyone any ideas on a fix? I've had a quick go but no luck so far.

I've been tinkering with the AD version of this.

All works well apart from it screws up the full RSS feed with CSS formatting code.

Anyone any ideas on a fix? I've had a quick go but no luck so far.

Check the previous page of this thread... An annoying bug that was a problem in an older version... Stephen has fixed it but didn't ellaborate on the details, you could PM him :)

S
I just read an updated post on the forum over at domainportfolio.us related to a Wordpress domain portfolio. Apparently he is planning to make his script compatible with Wordpress. Maybe you two should talk?

Portflio and WordPress - Domain Name Portfolio Forum

Domain Studio

I'll be releasing my own this week...

QinetiX Domain Portfolio Administrator : Anyname Domain Services

codenamed QxDPA I'll probably be releasing this as DomainStudio. A LOT of work has gone into this.

Last chance for any requests for functionality for v1.

S

Update: 12/09. A bit behind schedule but near completion. Just some code refactoring to sort out. Should be 01/10. S

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom