Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

would nominet let me do this with a .me.uk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I understand that .me.uk's can't be used by businesses.

but would it be ok to buy a .me.uk domain and put a forum on it that funds its self via advertisments?

Cheers all

WigWam

I understand that all nominet say is that the domain must be registered to an individual, not what can be done on the site.

They say no commercial sites so no aff banners or Adsense etc.

Other people use them so it's up to you, I don't think they inforce the rules on .me.uks ;)

They say no commercial sites so no aff banners or Adsense etc.
Where in the terms does it say that?
Genuine question, I dont know the rules inside out and I dont remember seeing anything like that.

OK, people, one more time about me.uk domains. :) Do whatever you want with it as far as it is:

a. Registered to a person, not company
b. Doesn't infringe any trademark.

As it says on the Nom site:

Specific rules for the .me.uk SLD

9.1 Introduction

These are the specific rules for the .me.uk SLD, administered directly by us. They form part of and, in the case of conflict, take precedence over the Rules.

9.2 Charter

The .me.uk SLD is intended to provide a personal namespace within the .uk Top Level Domain. Unless Rules 9.4 or 9.5 apply, registrants of .me.uk domain names must be, and remain at all times, natural persons (a “qualifying person”), and shall not be recorded on the register as being the agent, trustee, proxy or representative for any person or entity (whether having an individual legal personality or not) which is not a qualifying person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts