Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet unallocated funds

Reaction score
I only have £5 credit left in my Nominet account until I get an invoice on Jan 8th, I've looked in to using "unallocated funds" in the billing section to add funds, but it's not clear what that does.

If I was to use unallocated funds and add £50 to my account, would that immediately come off what I owe and give me a new balance of £55, or as I'm reading it, they use those funds to come off your invoice when it's issued?

If I was to use unallocated funds and add £50 to my account, would that immediately come off what I owe and give me a new balance of £55, or as I'm reading it, they use those funds to come off your invoice when it's issued?

My understanding is that when you add unallocated funds it increases how large of an invoice you can rack up. So if you have a credit limit of £500 and you add £500 in unallocated funds, then you could build up an invoice of £1,000.

You can either then pay your invoice as normal, leaving the additional funds in the account, or use your unallocated funds to pay the invoice.

We just leave ours in the account as the credit limit isn't big enough, so if we used it to pay down the invoices we'd be regularly having to make additional payments.

@ELIFE-MZ, thanks, I had seen that page, but then read other things that clouded the issue, sorted now :)

My understanding is that when you add unallocated funds it increases how large of an invoice you can rack up.

@baldidiot, thanks, yes, that's exactly how it appears to work, I now have £55 credit to last until the 8th, thanks all :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom