Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Would you buy a .me.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Would you buy a .me.uk if it had considerable traffic + decent revenue? I know some people don't like the extension but if it preforms well it surely will have some revenue.

Would the typical 12 / 18 months revenue still be in practise?

Cheers,

WW.

Would you buy a .me.uk if it had considerable traffic + decent revenue? I know some people don't like the extension but if it preforms well it surely will have some revenue.

Would the typical 12 / 18 months revenue still be in practise?

Cheers,

WW.

Bought a few .me.uk domains but for some reason they dont seem to rank....Apart from the odd one which had a fair amount of money spent on it...Grand National one I mean.

Bought a few .me.uk domains but for some reason they dont seem to rank....Apart from the odd one which had a fair amount of money spent on it...Grand National one I mean.

Say you saw one that ranked with a affiliate site (6k+ unique visitors per month) - decent generic - would it interest you (i'm not going to try and sell it to you :rolleyes:)

Cheers,

WW.

Would you buy a .me.uk if it had considerable traffic + decent revenue?

This may sound really odd but I've never bought any domain based on revenue, nor have i ever asked the question " what are the stats / revenues " before i make a purchase. I buy domains purely because i like them and see potential...

I've been offered some absolute killer keyword domains in various extensions which have been making £5k/£10k each month, yet because i dont like the domain extensions i dont buy them... call me mad but i think I'm just old school as i only like .com & .co.uk's / brandable names when spending big monies. It's hard enough to get the uk public to remember ".co.uk" over typing ".com" so i dont want to confuse them even more with .me.uk, .org.uk, .biz and so on... but that's just because i do a lot of offline advertising and would never in my life advertise a .me.uk or .org.uk when branding offline, yet online these extensions work wonders and rank beautifully which is why i still have some sitting around my portfolio.

When i see companies advertising there website on things like shop windows, vans, roundabouts etc... If it's not a .co.uk, .com, or a brandable type name like Date.me... I instantly think small fry / startup... It's probably because i appreciate a nice .co.uk or .com. Owning a nice .org.uk or .me.uk makes me feel inferier to the .co.uk and .com, yes they may rank well in google but even if i owned loans.org.uk and it was making good monies i still couldn't get excited about owning the name because I'm a domain snob, lol..

maybe i should have just said " NO " to the original question, lol, would have saved people reading my drivel :p

** Note to self **
Dont drink nearly two bottles of red wine, then go hunting for names to buy on the net, then go posting on a random thread on acorn

***Second note to self***
Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

night night

Barry,
Ps, i have DomainNames.me.uk and hate it, lol

For me it depends what you plan to do with it. If you are capable of building a decent site, understand SEO and are prepared to do some backlinking then why not; .me.uk has a chance of making a decent return.

For resale "NO"

Aiden

Like Barry, I have seen lots of domains for sale previously that have been a good keyword and have lots of traffic/revenue however, I have been put off by an inferior extension.

I love them, at the end of the day if it makes money who cares.
I guess if this was a full-time job for me I would think differently.

I'm with Boxer..

.me.uk's are a great alternative to the .co.uk's and .org.uk's and I think will be a good investment for the future.

Many have been put off by the Nominet rules - but as long as it's regged in an individual's name rather than a LTD Co, you'll comply with the regulations.

As for ranking - there have been a number of success stories on here, but I have no personal experience in this.

As good short .co.uk's become more elusive and expensive, .me.uk's will become a more viable alternative for mainstream users... and the value will rise accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom