Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WP/ClassiPress help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a business directory using ClassiPress, I just updated it to the latest version of WP, now when I look at the business listings on the site, all the listings show this message twice (Note, had to put a space between : and prepare to prevent smiley icon):

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb:: prepare(), called in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/theme-functions.php on line 324 and defined in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992

Also saw these somewhere in my control panel but can't see them now:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb:: prepare(), called in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/admin/admin-options.php on line 741 and defined in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb:: prepare(), called in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/admin/admin-options.php on line 742 and defined in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb:: prepare(), called in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/admin/admin-options.php on line 743 and defined in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx-xxxxx-directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992

Any idea how to fix this? Non techy answers please, as I had a look in my webhosts control panel and have no idea what I'm looking for or what to change, as it's all in php code.

Last edited:
what version of CP are you using, is that the latest?

Had this before in my own plugin script. It's a WP version issue that is due to changes in the core database class in 3.5 (which had major changes all over and caused multiple issues here and in the jquery version)

http://make.wordpress.org/core/2012/12/12/php-warning-missing-argument-2-for-wpdb-prepare/

The prepare method originally allowed an optional 2nd parameter, 3.5 forced it to be present. The link has workarounds/fixes.

Tried updating the classipress version?

what version of CP are you using, is that the latest?

Assuming CP means Control Panel? I don't know, it's just the control panel on HostGator, can't see anything that tells me what version it is.

Tried updating the classipress version?

There's no option to update the ClassiPress theme in my WP control panel.

Had a look at the link, it's all techy wording, so it might as well be written in a foreign language :)

Cp I was meaning classipress ;) latest version is 3.3.1

Cp I was meaning classipress ;) latest version is 3.3.1

Ahh :oops:, it's ClassiPress Version 3.0.5.3

I thought there would be an option in WP to update the ClassiPress theme, as their seems to be messages wanting you to update just about everything else in there, but not for this.

Download this free from CP & you'll know when an update is needed ;)

appthemes-updater

Download this free from CP & you'll know when an update is needed ;)

appthemes-updater

Thanks, need to login for that, but I don't know my login details for the ClassiPress forum, as I'm on a different laptop now, it says none of my usual email addresses are in their database to send me a new password, ah well, fixed now anyway, this was the fix, thanks to Skinner for his help in telling me where that bit of code needed to go, for future reference, should it happen again, this is what to do:

Login to HostGator control panel, click on domain, click wp-includes and then open the wp-config.php in code editor, on the line underneath this one:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Add this line of code:

@ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Site error fixed :)

Last edited:
Not exactly fixed just turning a blind eye to it! :)

Your server logs will still be full of the errors and wit the number it will fill the log file up and use resources.

Better to get it sorted properly and update the theme.

@ Tifosi, yeah, someone else just sent me a PM saying it's not a fix, just to hide the errors showing on the site, which will do me.

I've never seen a server log before, so I wouldn't even notice if there were errors listed, what resources does it use, and where can I find the server log to delete the messages?

Had a look at the ClassiPress site and the last update for this theme was in 2011 as far as I can see, list here:

http://www.appthemes.com/blog/category/updates/

As I just said to the other member via PM, I wouldn't know how to download and install an update manually even if there was one, so I'll just leave it as it is now.

Your server logs will still be full of the errors and wit the number it will fill the log file up and use resources.

Someone told me how to get the error_log for the site, I had a look, but there are only 2 errors listed in it, and both of those are from Feb 2012.

Depends on how your hosting is set up, some bundle all in the main server log, some have the errors within the domains home directory.

If you're happy with just blocking the error display I'd leave it there, though I'd look at upgrading.

I have a classipress licence if you need the current version.

Depends on how your hosting is set up, some bundle all in the main server log, some have the errors within the domains home directory.

No idea to be honest, I just looked in the wp-includes bit for the actual domain for error_log, I don't know where I'd find the main server log.

If you're happy with just blocking the error display I'd leave it there, though I'd look at upgrading.

I don't mind it as it is really, although I also noticed about a week ago, that the address box next to the flag on the Google map location was broken, not sure why that started going weird as I hadn't updated the WP at that point.

I have a classipress licence if you need the current version.

Thanks for the offer, first, I might send appthemes an email asking what email address is associated with my user name on their forum, I've tried several more email addresses in the password reminder, but it doesn't recognise any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom