Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1and1 yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My emails to them about bogus invoices is falling on deaf ears.

Today I have received 11 declined debit notes through the post, all in individual envelopes.

Every single domain listed in my 1and1 account has been cancelled for some time. Some are not even owned by me, and 1and1 are not the nominet listed registrar. Yet they still continue to try and take money from me.

This is nearing harrassment.

Any ideas who I can email, as their customer service dept is a joke?

Have you spoken to Nominet?

Complaints

Good Practice Terms:

Good Practice Terms

"1. What can your customers expect?"

Therefore you must (in advance):

Make your customers aware of the charges associated with domain name registration, renewal and maintenance.

It probably falls out of the scope of the registrar agreement/best practice terms, but it might be worth a phone call.

I have investigated further, and the cheeky 'bar stewards' have been trying to automatically debit my card for :-

a) names that are cancelled in my account
b) names that have a different tag
c) names that have already been renewed with their 'real' registrar

I think i'll email again and cc nominet.

I have investigated further, and the cheeky 'bar stewards' have been trying to automatically debit my card for :-

a) names that are cancelled in my account
b) names that have a different tag
c) names that have already been renewed with their 'real' registrar

I think i'll email again and cc nominet.

Make sure you have you cancelled the card you have on account with them.

Contact the police, it's theft, fraud or obtaining a precuinary advantage at the end of the day. Say that it is on a wide scale and that it is probably running into many tens of thousands of pounds per year.

Guys,

It seems that no-one understands or wants to deal with them.
I recently contacted the OFT, and even though I explained it is a massive fraud taking place with hundreds, maybe thousands of people being affected each year, they still said "Oh it seems to be an individual business dispute...You should contact consumer direct.."
I was very annoyed - I replied back graciously, however, quoting their exact mission statement and highlighting the sentences about 'consumer protection', 'that it is there duty to investigate complaints' etc.
So maybe they will understand I know what I'm talking about.

I've tried contacting magazines, other websites, BBC, Working Lunch etc., but as I can only make contact with most places through email at the moment, perhaps someone would do better making some phone calls?

When I had this same problem, I got a better response from them if I emailed them 50-100 times with the same email.

I just pasted their emails into the cc box 100 times (and their other email addresses - [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] etc...)

It seems that they don't like their inbox getting full so quickly - I really recommend that you do this if you want a same day response.

I was checking the whois database recently for domains which were deleted/not renewed by me more than 2 years ago, these domains are still listed under my name. I have not been charged for these domains. This is something new from 1&1.

LOL... I wouldn't be surprised if:
1. At some point in the future you get some kind of huge bill with threatening letters.
2. This is where all people's money has been going! To pay other people's renewal bills!

so many complaints

With so many complaints on 1and1, I am surprised that this best domain registration site listed them in the top 5. Are the domain registration service by 1and1 any better than their hosting service?

Last edited by a moderator:
Set of half-wit idiots.

Get an invoice reminder throught the letterbox today. £6.88 outstanding... right. So I call and am informed that the domain name berlins.co.uk has been renewed and is in my account and needs paying for. Ok, thanks for your help.

Whois the thing and it is not even registered.

Call back and they drop my call.

BUT i need it sorting as i don't want another finance agency chasing me for money i don't owe.

Dear Sir / Madam

INVOICE: xxxxx

The above invoice I am told is with regard to domain name: berlins.co.uk

You advisor told me on the phone that the balance of £6.88 is due for the renewal of this domain name berlins.co.uk for a further 2 years. If you check, you will find the domain name is not even registered!

Please cancel this charge and remove my details from your system.

Yours sincerely
Jonathan Ratcliffe

It really does look like we need an industry wide boycott and awareness campaign.

Trouble is with so many .uk names under their TAG Nominet is not going to be inclined to bite the hand that feeds so well.

I wonder if watchdog would like to champion any of the better documented complaints?

Didnt someone have a court case recently? What was the outcome?

a big banner advert and a press release from acorn would work a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom