Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ACHIEVE.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am selling this domain name through this forum. I had partially completed a sale through Sedo two weeks ago and they blocked my account. The winning bidder was a Acorn forum member, and as much as they are disappointed the transaction had not been completed they are still intrested in the domain name. However, as they were unable to respond to my deadline (yesterday 5.30pm) they missed out on purchasing the domain name at the price they would have through Sedo. Today I have recieved two new offers. I am now opening an auction for this domain with the current price the winning bid at this stage. The auction will close at 12pm tommorow. Winning bidder will pay all Nominet fees. Payment can be accepted via Paypal or Cheque. TAG will be changed instantly on Paypal payment or on clearance of Cheque. Please PM your offers. Auction will not be ended early.

Bidding history so far.....

Buyer 1 (Acorn member) - £650
Buyer 2 (Acorn member) - £700
Buyer 3 (External bidder) - Current winning bidder £900

This domain name legally belongs to me. I do not suggest forum members or others to bid on it. I do not want to explain the mess which was created by the seller. I am formally stating that if the buyer sells the already sold domain name I will pursue all legal means to reverse it.

Regards
TurNIC

Reactions: rob
Hi all,

I am selling this domain name through this forum. I had partially completed a sale through Sedo two weeks ago and they blocked my account. The winning bidder was a Acorn forum member, and as much as they are disappointed the transaction had not been completed they are still intrested in the domain name. However, as they were unable to respond to my deadline (yesterday 5.30pm) they missed out on purchasing the domain name at the price they would have through Sedo. Today I have recieved two new offers. I am now opening an auction for this domain with the current price the winning bid at this stage. The auction will close at 12pm tommorow. Winning bidder will pay all Nominet fees. Payment can be accepted via Paypal or Cheque. TAG will be changed instantly on Paypal payment or on clearance of Cheque. Please PM your offers. Auction will not be ended early.

Bidding history so far.....

Buyer 1 (Acorn member) - £650
Buyer 2 (Acorn member) - £700
Buyer 3 (External bidder) - Current winning bidder £900
Seems to me that you would be ethically, morally and probably somewhat contractually obliged to sell to the AD member in question. Is it their fault that Sedo blocked your account?

I'd suggest that you won't make many long-term and benefcial business relationships by going down the route you're going.

Just my 2p.

Hmm, this one should be interesting!! Just out of interest Mosh what did you do to get your sedo account 'blocked'??

Grant

I gave the AD forum member an opporunity to purchase the domain name (like I stated in my original post), however they did not respond within the deadline. Is that my fault?

At this stage I cannot tell you why they blocked my account, as this matter is now in the hands of my Solicitors. There actions have subsequently cost me the sale of another domain name and loss of business. Not to mention the mess with this domain name.

I gave the AD forum member an opporunity to purchase the domain name (like I stated in my original post), however they did not respond within the deadline. Is that my fault?
I just had the impression that this person won it in good faith on Sedo. Now it's a Dutch auction? Maybe I'm missing something.

I do not want to go into detail of statements exchanged in PMs, not my ethical way. Even the full payment is sitting in SEDO escrow account now, I proposed the seller to pay the amount again through PayPal. He rejected. I tried not to broke the relationship but one day I found a PM in my box stating that there was a deadline (5.30 PM UK time) and I already missed that. I am still trying to solve this matter amicably. I am ready to pay the amount through PayPal.

TurNIC

Yeah they won it in good faith. Not denying that. But it was only by chance that I found out it was a AD member. So, I offered them the domain name but they failed to respond to my offer within the deadline. Like I said, I had other buyers waiting....

Yeah they won it in good faith. Not denying that. But it was only by chance that I found out it was a AD member. So, I offered them the domain name but they failed to respond to my offer within the deadline. Like I said, I had other buyers waiting....

Mosh,

Do you want me to post the PMs: You stating that I am 2 hours late to your virtual deadline? Are you Bill Gates whom 2 hours mean something?

TurNIC

Oh and legally the domain name does not belong to turnic. The sale of was not completed, infact it was in its very early stages of the purchase with Sedo. I had only got one email from them stating the auction had ended and they had a winning bidder, I tried loging into my account and it was blocked. Sedo have contacted me once since, to state they will not be reinstating my account and that the mater is closed, no mention of any sales pending. And as Sedo blocked my account, subsequently their actions have made any contract of sale null and void. I suggest the AD member contact them and stop posting false claims of a domain name which LEGALLY does not belong to them.

I dont know you however in your 28 posts I can confirm that you are someone I certainly wouldnt buy from.

Blocked Sedo accounts and incomplete sales? Sounds dodgy in my opinion.

Oh and legally the domain name does not belong to turnic. The sale of was not completed, infact it was in its very early stages of the purchase with Sedo. I had only got one email from them stating the auction had ended and they had a winning bidder, I tried loging into my account and it was blocked. Sedo have contacted me once since, to state they will not be reinstating my account and that the mater is closed, no mention of any sales pending. And as Sedo blocked my account, subsequently their actions have made any contract of sale null and void. I suggest the AD member contact them and stop posting false claims of a domain name which LEGALLY does not belong to them.

Mosh,

Don't force me paste the PMs, logs of my sedo account regarding this sale and the emails I got from SEDO broker.

Again, I am ready to pay the amount through PayPal.

TurNIC

Guys,

Seems this is just one way traffic....I am pulling the domain name from AD. This is just turning into a slanging match! I have said all I need to say. Turnic I suggest you contact Sedo for further explanation before you make any liableous comments which could get you into trouble.

Guys,

Seems this is just one way traffic....I am pulling the domain name from AD. This is just turning into a slanging match! I have said all I need to say. Turnic I suggest you contact Sedo for further explanation before you make any liableous comments which could get you into trouble.

I did connect to SEDO even this is not my fault that you got blocked your account for some reason.

achieve.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Tom and I work in Domain transfers here at Sedo. We will unsuspend the seller's account so that we can move forward with the transfer. I will inform the seller.

Cheers!

12/21/06 Agreement reached
12/21/06 Please send us your payment for the domain. The invoice for this sale can be found here:
Invoice
As soon as your payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and the technical transfer can begin.
12/28/06 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to go through certain preliminary stages with the seller in order to prepare the domain for transfer, so please be patient during this period.
12/28/06 Please start the transfer request at your registrar.
01/09/07 Please could you let us know whether you have put in a transfer request from your registrar.

You are ruining yourself. Again I am ready to pay you via Paypal even though a payment is sitting in sedo account.

TurNIC

Had the auction actually ended sucessfully before the account suspension?

I did connect to SEDO even this is not my fault that you got blocked your account for some reason.

achieve.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Tom and I work in Domain transfers here at Sedo. We will unsuspend the seller's account so that we can move forward with the transfer. I will inform the seller.

Cheers!

12/21/06 Agreement reached
12/21/06 Please send us your payment for the domain. The invoice for this sale can be found here:
Invoice
As soon as your payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and the technical transfer can begin.
12/28/06 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to go through certain preliminary stages with the seller in order to prepare the domain for transfer, so please be patient during this period.
12/28/06 Please start the transfer request at your registrar.
01/09/07 Please could you let us know whether you have put in a transfer request from your registrar.

You are ruining yourself. Again I am ready to pay you via Paypal even though a payment is sitting in sedo account.

TurNIC

Turnic,

I CAN NOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT! I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY EMAIL FROM SEDO REGARDING THIS MATTER!

You are the one 'ruining' yourself by making this a complete farce.

The fact someone called 'Tom' sends you an email through AD regarding my account; which in any case is a matter between me and Sedo and is confidential, is beyond belief. Please contact Sedo who will be able to refund your money, which they have to as the sale has not been completed.

I CAN NOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT! I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY EMAIL FROM SEDO REGARDING THIS MATTER!

Why don't you just be a man. I will tell you a story in 2001 I started a DNforum auction for sussex.org. No body bidded and last minute someone made a bid of 100 Dollars. And I sold it for that amount.

the reason that you can not access your account becase you did something with it does not interest me. Beside I proposed to pay the amount via PayPal.

I also paste here that the auction is going on via sedo logs.

Someone asked whether the auction started before suspension. Yes he agreed to sell it before suspension

I will not let this go!

TurNIC

TurNIC won the auction and you were willing to sell to him at that price as long as he met your 5.30pm deadline.

So the price isn't the problem. Just the fact that he missed a deadline that he knew nothing about.

TurNIC has even offered to pay you via Paypal and then presumably recover the money already paid via Sedo.

Sorry Mosh, but you are not coming out of this at all well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom