Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Catch wanted 15th January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it has just been forgotten about; can quite often happen with large organisations but great for you guys. £500 might be my advance bid lol Wishful thinking!

CSC are PAID to make sure names DON'T drop without explicit say so, least this is what I was told by an IT guy at a large UK bank. Their Registrars are charged with maintaining the reg, until they get told NO, its always renewed.

Given the number of people contacting nominet over the date, the odds are high nominet will hold off the drop until sorted (if they see the emails before it goes).

You not chasing this domain then?

:p

CSC are PAID to make sure names DON'T drop without explicit say so, least this is what I was told by an IT guy at a large UK bank. Their Registrars are charged with maintaining the reg, until they get told NO, its always renewed.

Given the number of people contacting nominet over the date, the odds are high nominet will hold off the drop until sorted (if they see the emails before it goes).

Well since its obviously been told ITV don't want it, and given how slow nominet can be at reading emails, I'd say 50/50 it will drop,, hence I've loaded this and 2 other names :

Everyones catcher will be on this, so my 2nd and 3rd picks are more likely ;)

I just looked and looks like Garth took hawksecurity.co.uk a few hours ago, so 1 other loaded now :)

Well too many going for this one - I'm going to switch to: acupuncturepractitionersorganisation.co.uk

awesome....

My other name is woodholmes.co.uk may as well see if anyone else breaks off for it ;)

Thats my 2 loaded, domain grabber lost the 50/50 coin toss on hawk too, just for completeness ;)

Damn. I've been checking the whois every five minutes religiously today in the hope of hand regging this. My eyes are really sore and now I see it's gone. :(

So who is Tony Brown? Someone on here? Wonder what he's going to do with it?

I had CSC people I know trying to get the right person associated with the former registrant to renew it with a view to potentially acquiring it, or at the very least disappointing a few contributing to this thread, but no response from former registrant. ;(

What a shame :rolleyes:

You win some and you lose some. The smart thing would have been to try to cut everyone else out and do a deal with the former registrant. That's what'll be happening soon once registrars start taking over expiring domain names en masse.

Depends if you have the kind of money to tempt the registrant.

I can afford the registration fee for a catch, don't think I could afford an offer to turn ITVs head

Last edited:
If they didn't want it then they might have let it go for a reasonable amount or even a charitable donation. They could also have decided to retain it. Even that adds time to subsequently negotiate. One may as well try. If not it'll then be about potentially doing a deal with the managing registrar. One needs to improve ones odds.

You are either softening or slipping, but you didn't notice I put "offord"

Tried to correct it before you replied but I failed :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom