Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Catch wanted 15th January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had CSC people I know trying to get the right person associated with the former registrant to renew it with a view to potentially acquiring it, or at the very least disappointing a few contributing to this thread, but no response from former registrant. ;(

I had CSC people I know trying to get the right person associated with the former registrant to renew it with a view to potentially acquiring it, or at the very least disappointing a few contributing to this thread, but no response from former registrant. ;(

What a shame :rolleyes:

What a shame :rolleyes:

You win some and you lose some. The smart thing would have been to try to cut everyone else out and do a deal with the former registrant. That's what'll be happening soon once registrars start taking over expiring domain names en masse.

You win some and you lose some. The smart thing would have been to try to cut everyone else out and do a deal with the former registrant. That's what'll be happening soon once registrars start taking over expiring domain names en masse.

Depends if you have the kind of money to tempt the registrant.

I can afford the registration fee for a catch, don't think I could afford an offer to turn ITVs head

Last edited:
Depends if you have the kind of money to tempt the registrant.

I can offord the registration fee for a catch, don't think I could offord an offer to turn ITVs head

If they didn't want it then they might have let it go for a reasonable amount or even a charitable donation. They could also have decided to retain it. Even that adds time to subsequently negotiate. One may as well try. If not it'll then be about potentially doing a deal with the managing registrar. One needs to improve ones odds.

If they didn't want it then they might have let it go for a reasonable amount or even a charitable donation. They could also have decided to retain it. Even that adds time to subsequently negotiate. One may as well try. If not it'll then be about potentially doing a deal with the managing registrar. One needs to improve ones odds.

You are either softening or slipping, but you didn't notice I put "offord"

Tried to correct it before you replied but I failed :neutral:

On the off chance (and as this thread has turned into general discussion ;)), is the name Michael Morgan known in the domain name circuit? He has a domain I'm interested in but not sure how to contact.

Still not sure how CSC allowed that domain to drop, unless of course it was with the express permission of the owner. Tony might get some begging emails asking for it back :D

Thanks for all the kind words...

Who's script?

My own 64bit linux program of course...

:)

Still not sure how CSC allowed that domain to drop, unless of course it was with the express permission of the owner. Tony might get some begging emails asking for it back :D

They let it drop because the registrant didn't tell them to renew it despite apparent contact. People at CSC were on the case today but they won't proactively renew if not asked to.

Thing is once all the fuss has died down it might well turn up in domainlore and sell for low numbers.

(from iPhone)

They let it drop because the registrant didn't tell them to renew it despite apparent contact. People at CSC were on the case today but they won't proactively renew if not asked to.

Thing is once all the fuss has died down it might well turn up in domainlore and sell for low numbers.

(from iPhone)

just wondered what would you class as low numbers?

lol - thanks Caz...

I'm debating it at the moment - I'm just finishing off an iphone interface for it.

If I do sell, it'll be a very low number of copies - maybe just 2.

Tony

Damn that was quick and I had no sales lol

Well done Tony. Some great catches lately. All your coding work being rewarded.

Any plans for it

OK - this has gone way off topic...

I'm going to move the related posts to a mod-only section as they're adding nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom