Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Daily failed to renew my domain - help!

There shouldn't be any risk associated with leaving it late to renew a domain, because you expect that if your money is taken, and you get confirmation of renewal from the company responsible for renewing it, then you should be confident that your domain has been renewed.

The only risk associated with leaving it late is that you yourself forget to renew, anything other than that and there should not be any risk attached.

[edit]

Rather than telling a customer their domain has been renewed, when it hasn't been, how difficult would it be for the renewing company to have a script in place, which checks the who-Is to make sure the renewal is confirmed, and if not, it notifies the company and the registrant that the renewal hasn't taken place, can't be that difficult to have something like that in place?

100% agree with all of this!!
I can see from comments in this thread that other people perceive my late renewal as wrecklessly sailing close to the wind however the way I have always looked at this is that if I am legally allowed to renew up to X date then there should be no risk whatsoever at leaving it to this particular date to renew - as you say the only risk is that you yourself forget but I have always been pretty organised in this respect and only ever dropped domains I have wanted to

As per above Daily is owned by HEG, HEG is owned by GoDaddy, combined GoDaddy holds nearly 50% of ALL .UK domains, if Nominet was a little (a lot) toothless with HEGs Antics in the past, like when they auto-assigned dropping names to backorder customers without dropping, I can see them being somewhat more gummy here.

Not a DRS matter! It's a 'Daily, gimme my domain back' matter. REG THE .UK NOW if you already haven't!

They have done this to me before, and my situation was similar to yours - renewal email and all - except it was a name I didn't mind letting go. It was either the new owner had placed a back-order or .....! The new owner was a firm I had marketed the name to months back. I picked up the .uk immediately, waiting patiently for the day I'll recover that loss!

Not a DRS matter! It's a 'Daily, gimme my domain back' matter. REG THE .UK NOW if you already haven't!

They have done this to me before, and my situation was similar to yours - renewal email and all - except it was a name I didn't mind letting go. It was either the new owner had placed a back-order or .....! The new owner was a firm I had marketed the name to months back. I picked up the .uk immediately, waiting patiently for the day I'll recover that loss!

That's a really good point (about the .uk) - with everything else that's been going on I totally forgot about that. Just checked and the new registrant has already registered the .uk on the same day. I will need to add that into the mix re things I expect them to resolve. (still awaiting a response though they've apparently been speaking to Daily today)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom