Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Heads up on a possible PM then MSNGR then Paypal scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to repeat a post I wrote in another thread, but I want you all to see what happened to me:
I think I was just scammed. I sold 17 names for $1000. The guy approached via im and asked to chat on msn. WE chatted today, and after he transferred the money to my paypal ac I transferred the names to his godaddy ac. Easy.

Then as soon as I received the email confirming that they were transferred, I received an email from the buyers paypal email address, saying that he never authorised the purchase. And paypal then mailed me saying that the funds were frozen, and if the funds are returned to him, then as the names are intangible goods, I am not covered by paypals sellers protection scheme.

So I immediately called godaddy, and then emailed then everything, and am then forwarding it to paypal.

So I could lose out big time. I should have smelt a rat when he said that didn't want some of the names as they were with snapnames, so could I replace them with more from godaddy. As the best ones were the snapnames ones, I was a bit suspicious when he decided he didn't want them. I told him to set up a snapnames account, but he was happy with the godaddy ones.

If you have any advice then I would be grateful.

Cheers

ben

Sorry to hear that :(

Could be worth starting a new thread as could be lost on the eyes of people who have encountered this type of thing before?

fingers crossed you get it sorted!

I that's crap mate, one of the reasons that I would never sell a .com, it's like the wild west.

Least Nominet would help out a little,

I've had similar things with paypal where people have even gone to their credit cars companies & claimed they never authorised the transaction & I've had paypal & the credit card company find in my favour.

I think what you need to do is to provide documentary evidence to paypal that shows that these domains were in your name, that they are now in his name, & the time they were tranferred & how that corresponds to the transfer of money.

I think he'll find it difficult to explain why the goods were transferred into his name & why he hasn't returned them if he didn't initiate the transaction.

I have checked on the whois and they are listed as being owned by:

Kam, Katie
Wooster #15
wooster, FL 40425
United States

Any suggestions of what to do, if you have seen those details before?

I guess it is fake anyway!

Wasn't the paypal account in the same name as the person who bought them?

If you search for "katie kam" wooster on google you might find some more.

I seem to be having difficulties with google at the mo - every page shows the "this site may harm your computer" message - anyone else got this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom