Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

InstantSites.co.uk - had an approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was quick - if the mod is looking in perhaps it would be best??

I would just say you are not interested at that low price. Make me a decent 4 figure offer and its a deal - if you are happy with of course.

If I were you I would delete the domain name from your posts, as this post will get indexed by google and it could be found by someone typing the domain name into google ;)

Good luck with your negotiations :)

no disrespect but I agree with 200, discussing here the value of the domain etc is making you look amature and will only weaken your position - especially when your asking people to help you with valuations etc.

I would expect they have already googled the domain and read these posts :confused:

but then if someone wants its bad it won't matter and maybe they'll open the cheque book anyway...

Theyve offered low/mid xxx and their reasoning seemsto be because its only the .co.uk and they would have to buy other extentions to protect it or successfully brand it??
That carries no weight. Look at what defensive money I've had to put in at www.payfor.com and your name is far more viable.

no disrespect but I agree with 200, discussing here the value of the domain etc is making you look amature and will only weaken your position - especially when your asking people to help you with valuations etc.

I would expect they have already googled the domain and read these posts :confused:

but then if someone wants its bad it won't matter and maybe they'll open the cheque book anyway...

Julian I know you have way more posts than I do and I sure your opinion is valued by people on here - but why don’t you change that avatar, when I see I cant take in what you say and I immediately just read the next string, you cant be that ugly surely?

As far as I'm concerned I am just seeking feedback from trusted friends, and valued, experienced, domainers who know true market values. They can think what they like and they'll find out to their cost if they think I am an (amateur).

I think that the view “WE SHOULD ALL ADOPT ON ACORN” is to take some pride in what this forum does, use this forum to help each other get good prices for our names, become a recognised, trusted appraisal forum. Something that they should know matters – instead of everyone here running scared of what the buyers on Google are reading theres no need, we're/your the professionals right??

I think they’ll try to hold to around a Grand and if that’s the case I'll just develop Instant Sites myself. – We’re talking about £1000 here, its not £10,000 or multiples thereof and I don’t need a grand that much. I've already got a competitor lined up, or I'll wait till next year and take £5k , of them or £50k if I build the business and sell it - and they can Google that, stick it in their pipe and smoke it!!

Last edited:
Develop and tell them to stick their grand. Just MHO. I'd buy it for a grand anyway, so you have two punters at that figure right now. Make that £1010 just to increase the bid.

Develop and tell them to stick their grand. Just MHO. I'd buy it for a grand anyway, so you have two punters at that figure right now. Make that £1010 just to increase the bid.

Thanks aZooZa, you know it makes sense, I'll let you know if I change my mind...

I would value the name at 3k to 10k - I would not part with it for less than 5k

I would value the name at 3k to 10k - I would not part with it for less than 5k

Interesting DB, I always had a figure in my mind and if I got £2.5k for it I'd take it.

Only 1299 names more to go lol

And at that price I think its a banker and if anyone develops it theyll have to come back, or someone else will want it - 12 months it should easily get 5 but could be much more, and it could be much more quicker than that.

i think its a nice name, 2/3k without the singular as instantsite is v good also. My advice- If u want to sell dont lose the sale for the sake of odd £££,

i think its a nice name, 2/3k without the singular as instantsite is v good also. My advice- If u want to sell dont lose the sale for the sake of odd £££,

You right julian and I wouldnt 2.5 is what I would like but if 2k was offered I'd take it as I really dont want to be developing sites - been there done that.

Someone else can develop or bargain, or hold to make more money. I want to work on things that are important to me.

Cheers...

A grand plus vat, plus a few free accounts (which could be good if anyone wanted to develop a couple of instant sites)??

They think theyre playing hardball but ultimately if they want this brand theyll need the name but I'm moving on as I've got other things to do. If anyone here wants it for £1500 you can have it, you can sit on it, you can market it, or haggle..

Let me know

I havent gone back been too busy but I think I'm going to accept the grand plus a few instant accounts, pans out somewhere between 1250/1500 if anyones interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom