Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

InstantSites.co.uk - had an approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
*******Sites.co.uk - had an approach

This is a name I was meaning to develop but it didnt work out now I've had an approach by Freeola - what do you think the name is worth to them?

Last edited:
Surprised they told you who they were, poor negotiating on their part, either way if they feel it is a brandable domain that they want - tell them to make a realistic offer rather than giving them a price.

Surprised they told you who they were, poor negotiating on their part, either way if they feel it is a brandable domain that they want - tell them to make a realistic offer rather than giving them a price.

They didnt, I have my ways lol

Anyway what I was trying to get at was an educated guestimate - anyone??

I see on their main page they have a big advert introducing their new service....

INSTANT SITES!!

If it was me I would get as much out of them as possible. They obviously want the name as nothing else will do the job. They are marketing it as instant sites!

Get them to make you an offer and then work from there.

xxx xxxx xxxxx

Thats a question I'm asking not blowing you guys kisses!!!

Thats a question I'm asking not blowing you guys kisses!!!

Whatever you do, don't give a price to them.

Ask them to make an offer. That should then become the starting point of your negotiations.

PM on it's way

This is a name I was meaning to develop but it didnt work out now I've had an approach by Freeola - what do you think the name is worth to them?

If I were you I would delete the domain name from your posts, as this post will get indexed by google and it could be found by someone typing the domain name into google ;)

Good luck with your negotiations :)

If I were you I would delete the domain name from your posts, as this post will get indexed by google and it could be found by someone typing the domain name into google ;)

Good luck with your negotiations :)

Hmmm never thought of that - thanks...

Theyve offered low/mid xxx and their reasoning seemsto be because its only the .co.uk and they would have to buy other extentions to protect it or successfully brand it??

Tell them that you are in mid plan to develop it and it would take more than that sort of offer to change your plans as you have invested time and money into it. The thought of you developing something similar to their new plan should scare them into action as well as showing them you are not needy.

Rob

Theyve offered low/mid xxx and their reasoning seemsto be because its only the .co.uk and they would have to buy other extentions to protect it or successfully brand it??
Tell then you wont negotiate for anything less than the higher end of £x,xxx.

See what they say.

"only the .co.uk"

They are a british business, this one should be the most important to them. Ask for £xxxx definitely.

Whatever you do, don't give a price to them.

Ask them to make an offer. That should then become the starting point of your negotiations.

What is the done thing when you do this and then they never come back again? My view is if they want it then I'm not going to blink first, but I wonder sometimes whether it's worth contacting them back again just to check.

"only the .co.uk"

They are a british business, this one should be the most important to them. Ask for £xxxx definitely.

Mat I'm with you I think ANY Brit business 'without question' should have the .co.uk url - - No arguement!!

The rest is a snowscreen

I try to be fair in these things, the name says what it does on the tin, but its long-ish and if they were not interested in it I'd probably value it at low xxxx.

Having said that (believe it or not) I've never in 10 years sold a name under a grand. In fact I've never marketed any of my names, its always been an approach.

But I want to offload the vast majority of them now as I'm into other things, but continue to buy others that I'm interested in to turn around or to hold as an investment.

The portfolio is just too big and its a royal pain in the ass to manage it!!

So is it £1k or higher??

Last edited:
They have the cash to pay High £x,xxx - £xx,xxx, go back and counter with £10k and see what the response is. If they are "defending" their offer there is obviously more they can offer.

I try to be fair in these things, the name says what it does on the tin, but its long-ish and if they were not interested in it I'd probably value it at xxx.

Having said that (believe it or not) I've never in 10 years sold a name under a grand. In fact I've never marketed any of my names, its always been an approach.

But I want to offload the vast majority of them now as I'm into other things, but continue to buy others that I'm interested in to turn around or to hold as an investment.

The portfolio is just too big and its a royal pain in the ass to manage it!!

So is it £1k or higher??
If you're considering selling it for £xxx, I'd give you high £xxx and then I'll tell them they need to double it before I'll consider it.

They have the cash to pay High £x,xxx - £xx,xxx, go back and counter with £10k and see what the response is. If they are "defending" their offer there is obviously more they can offer.

I wouldnt go that far because I dont think the name is worth anywhere near that but I have taken onboard what you guys have said - I think its worth £1-2k

http://www.instantsites.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom