Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

London Olympics 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, but that badminton farce was a disgrace! Hope they get disqualified for bringing the games into disrepute & the 3rd placers reinstated.

My brother and I held our breath as Amy Oliver let go of the last arrow...She was soooo close, but the girl from Malaysia seemed more experienced...

No need to be lonely, GB...At 18 and for her first Olympics, she set the record for beating the World's No. 1 from India, eliminating her from the race...She's fantastic - and pretty! :)

Last edited:
Women's pair in rowing were dominant. Awsome performance. Never needed top gear!

Damn, but that badminton farce was a disgrace! Hope they get disqualified for bringing the games into disrepute & the 3rd placers reinstated.

All 8 players involved have now been disqualified from the Olympics and sent home, great result :)

Fantastic display by the women rowers for the first GB gold, fingers crossed the cycling time trials today will give us some more.

Just got back from town and missed the time trial, I'll catch the highlights later on hopefully, well done Bradley Wiggins, phemominal riding this year, and Chris Froome getting the bronze :cool:

How did Fabian Cancellara's crash happen?

Just got back from town and missed the time trial, I'll catch the highlights later on hopefully, well done Bradley Wiggins, phemominal riding this year, and Chris Froome getting the bronze :cool:

How did Fabian Cancellara's crash happen?

His crash was in the road race at the weekend. Mis-timed a corner while in the leading break. Looked like he'd broken his collarbone again but just badly bruised. Looked in a lot of pain at the end today. If he was a footballer he'd be rolling on the ground for ages! He's a class act but I think his TT days are over - he's more focussed on the classics now anyway it seems.

Wiggo is just amazing... lives on my training roads nr eccleston/exton so will hopefully bump into him on the bike during the off-season.

His crash was in the road race at the weekend. Mis-timed a corner while in the leading break. Looked like he'd broken his collarbone again but just badly bruised. Looked in a lot of pain at the end today.

Yeah, I knew he crashed in the road race, but as I got in today, it was showing pictures of him on the ground, and our satellite signal is fecked up at the moment, so the images on screen keep freezing/juddering but, from the bits of garbled words I did manage to make out, it to sounded like they were saying he also crashed in the time trial today, no?

Wiggo is just amazing... lives on my training roads nr eccleston/exton so will hopefully bump into him on the bike during the off-season.

Please don't bump in to him :lol:

Yeah, I knew he crashed in the road race, but as I got in today, it was showing pictures of him on the ground, and our satellite signal is fecked up at the moment, so the images on screen keep freezing/juddering but, from the bits of garbled words I did manage to make out, it to sounded like they were saying he also crashed in the time trial today, no?

Ahh that was after he finished, and was holding his collarbone. Running on adrenaline in the TT, then after boom.

Wiggins is ace. You keep expecting him to make a mistake, but he doesn't. Brilliant for everyone!!! And don't forget Froome, his results this year are actually more unexpected than Wiggins.

well I felt the wigmeister had to win sports personality of year after tour.
now, put your house on it, if they are still taking bets

blokes a bloody legend

well I felt the wigmeister had to win sports personality of year after tour.
now, put your house on it, if they are still taking bets

blokes a bloody legend

Agreed!

Did you hear what he said during his speech after Le Tour at the Champs Elysees?

"And now the raffle"

Classic!

Agreed!

Did you hear what he said during his speech after Le Tour at the Champs Elysees?

"And now the raffle"

Classic!

A sports personality with a personality doesn't always happen! A high profile gold medallist has won it in the last three Olympic years.

The last non gold medallist in an Olympic year was Damon Hill back in 1996. Even Lewis Hamilton couldn't do it when he won the F1 championship in 2008.

Glad we've started to pick up the golds. I was starting to worry!

Go GB!!!

Double Trap gold - (I've got DoubleTrap.co.uk, OlympicTrap.co.uk which was my discipline)

Canoe gold and silver and a silver in the judo...

Great to have the tv on in the next room them you can dive in when it gets exciting - sold a end user a co.uk name in the midst of it all too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom