Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Making a Domain earn £1 a week

Do you want to give it a go and let us know how you get on, I for one would love to know.

Possibly :)

I'll have a think and find a nice easy niche to get in to then, do a step by step on my blog for you, i'll also post bits here as well but might be a bit in-depth for all the info though.

As a test would people like to see it done with a freshly reg'd domain or just one i have sitting around, that may have age on it's side or is noone really bothered either way.

Just have to make sure i'll have time, 1st.

Would be good to see a worked example of a domain earning £1 a week from scratch.

Ideally, a fresh reg would be best. Then you could cover the keyword research stage.

Agreed, a fresh reg would be best and more challenging perhaps.

roblem comes with google keywords tool new vs old which is all screwy but wil work something out.

I'll start on one next week.

Post number 476 on page 48 sums it up very well. Don't want to clutter things by copy/pasting it again.

I'd like to add my thoughts:
I have 20 sites all earned over £1 in the last week.
I've only recently started to focus on exact keyword rich domains - so most of my domains are not very keyword rich.

I would say this (from my experience) - the more you put into other aspects, the less important keyword rich domains are. It's not the be all and end all.

Give your users good content. We all want to make a quick buck, but sometimes a longer term startegy is better. If you have good content, people may link to it from blogs, forums etc. They may even bookmark your site and come back! have a site that you are genuinely interested in and have some knowledge. Don't just regurgitate wikipedia!

Don't ignore the long tail keywords. Good text in your site will naturally include plenty of these. In the early stages these may be your main source of visitors - keywords that not many people search for but for which you can rank highly.

Let me give you an example. It illustrates both the importance of the long tail and that you don't have to have exact match domains to do well.

I have a website that includes "crashcourses" in the url. ie [www .nonkeyword-crashcourses co uk.
It earned £20ish this week.
Top search terms are a variation on "how much is a crash course in driving".
So the search terms are linked to the keywords in the domain name but not exact.

Now of course an exact keyword domain may do better - or for a competitive term it might be stuck down somewhere on page 19!

Last edited:
I would recommend having fewer sites, and more focus. Rather have 10 sites making £100 each a week, than 100 sites making only £1 a week.

Maccke said:
I would recommend having fewer sites, and more focus. Rather have 10 sites making £100 each a week, than 100 sites making only £1 a week.

Why?

I have 100 sites all earning £1 a day. If I lose one for what ever reason then I've lost £1

Who wouldn't want to earn £1000 rather than £100..? Did you mean 10 sites making £10 each week? :p

Why?

I have 100 sites all earning £1 a day. If I lose one for what ever reason then I've lost £1

Good point. But the combined resale value of 10 sites earning £10 a week would be more than 100 sites earning £1 a week I would of thought?

I started out with this intention but overtime I find that a few sites start growing faster than the others. So I started to feed the demands that I was getting from these few sites and today I find myself concentrating on these sites that show more potential, leaving the others to gather dust.

What have I learned:
a. One or more sites will demand more attention than the others thus taking up all your time.
b. Eventually most of your income will come from a few sites thus supporting the ones that earning much.

Therefore, I think the way to go is buy sites that are already earning (which I see is growing here and AD). With this you already know the potential of the site, which is better than guesting the potential of a new site/domain.

The thing is we all have domains and we just have them sat there doing nothing.

If now and again you build a site you would soon have many sites, even if some don't make you any money it will increase the chances of a sale along with the value, for those reasons it can't hurt to give it a go when you have time. . . It can be fun!

I posted earlier ( quite a long time ago) i would build a mini site and blog the results and how i did it, the site I have got completed today and is called mosquito repeller which is not a very hot topic, but one which i see as a good test.

The basic idea behind this and every mini site is to provide valuable information first and make money second. This is actually my first site focused on adsense so its a test for me also.

It's full of useful information so should be liked by readers and google. If it works as I'd expect then this is easily £1 a week if not per day as most of the others i have done have been.

As i said this is pretty much my first adsense focused site, but i will be adding amazon links tomorrow for the products featured along with images etc. It's not indexed yet but should be fairly soon.

The name mosquito repeller only has around 200 exacts a Month but that shouldn't put you off. A site full of content will pick a lot of long tail searches you never intended it to.

As far as mini sites go this is about 10 pages, some I have made over the past 2 weeks (I've decided to do a lot as i got myself motivated) are only 3 pages but are already making 75p to £1.20 a day via amazon.

I'm not 100% about this adsense stuff yet as I'm against blatant adverts, once it's indexed and I see the stats and bouce rate I might get rid of the adsense altogther.

It's all about content and niche, build the site for users first and the money will follow.

Last edited:
ILikeRichTea - nice one, will be interested to see how you get on, I am using same principle with a couple of sites I am building myself, a lot earlier on in the content stage than yours but same principle - good luck and do keep us informed

m

Very good point Ilikerichtea build the site for the users and then the money will follow.

I wish I had every domain earning £1 per week,when you consider that a .co.uk only cost £3 per year then it's an excellent ROI 8)

Its a good effort but i cant help notice that the adverts for this product are a bit thin (theres not many)

That said - its on page 1 now so it should do £1 a week easy.

Perhaps we should start a new thread, Making a Domain earn £1 a Day!

I wish I had every domain earning £1 per week,when you consider that a .co.uk only cost £3 per year then it's an excellent ROI 8)

Remember to factor in the time you spend on the site as well. ilikeRichtea has probably spent few hrs on the site between content, setting up WP etc. You need to recover this cost as well not just the £3 domain name

Lol i dont have the time, but i might be willing to share a .org.uk gem on my FTR list for someone to take the challenge on ;)

Any takers?

I'm happy to give it a go and keep a thread updated as long as I can see the potential in the domain..

Had 1/2 hr to kill so just read through many of the 50 pages of this thread (again!).

Great topic!

Its been going since 2007, but posts have been few and far between recently, and I was just wondering how everyone was doing with their 'mini-sites' these days.

Are you guys finding it easier or harder to make your sites earn £1 a week or even a £1 a day in 2012?

Tricky1 - did you ever take the challenge on? If so, did you ever post the results?

Last edited:
Wow

Well, I am surprised I managed to get to the end of that with my ADHD, but I think I have learnt a few things.

• Original content is best, never copy & paste
  • Hosting location depends on the tld
  • Google can be a bit of a **** at times

Time to try some of this out in 2013, wish me luck :D

Interesting to see that most of the old websites posted are now offline - I think that says a lot.

That said, you look at what Khalid achieved with the site he's selling currently. Good, thorough, in-depth content will still earn.

I cant speak for others but some of my sites lost their revenue stream (i dont have adsense) in these instances where a replacement income couldnt sourced within a reasonable time I just let them lapse.

No point ploughing content/time/money into a site making no money.

Supplements and Adult Sectors not closed a single one, but electricals, gambling, amazon and some other niches just died a death with panda/penquin or the affiliate / drop shipper was removed from the network etc.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom