Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Making a Domain earn £1 a week

Hi im new to this forum and loving the varied posts!

Its interesting to me that a few people on here are struggling with how to get £1 out of their site IN A WEEK!

EH?? I put my hands up and say that im no expert but surely alot of it is just common sense!

I own loads of random domains that i have only recently (last 2 mths) set up as quick WP sites. I then added about a dozen pages of articles to each which i got from sites like articlebase etc (of course keeping all the links intact).

I then filled the sites with adsence and sent them off on their way.

EVERY one of these sites already pays me at least £1 PER DAY!

I know i'll never get rich from that - but i just wanted them to start covering the cost of their renewal fees and they have all done that and more!

Hi im new to this forum and loving the varied posts!

Its interesting to me that a few people on here are struggling with how to get £1 out of their site IN A WEEK!

EH?? I put my hands up and say that im no expert but surely alot of it is just common sense!

I own loads of random domains that i have only recently (last 2 mths) set up as quick WP sites. I then added about a dozen pages of articles to each which i got from sites like articlebase etc (of course keeping all the links intact).

I know i'll never get rich from that - but i just wanted them to start covering the cost of their renewal fees and they have all done that and more!

Would you mind sharing a link or two to your new sites?

ive been at it years and still cant £1 a day..
and i like to think i have half decent domains.

maybe i am doing something wrong

kentprinters.co.uk

Not the best looking site - but as i mentioned, it more than pays for itself!

In the right hand column under 'more useful links' you can see a couple of links to other sites that ive set up in the same style.

I think if the object was to make £1 a day your probably better with lower quality/value names, it would be easier to make £1 per day with kentprinters.co.uk than it would with printers.co.uk imo as the exact term would be an easy no.1 for the 2 word where as the single word probably wouldn't feature so quality of names could count against you.

However it may be easier to make £50 per day with printers.co.uk if fully developed as it offers more scope.

I think if the object was to make £1 a day your probably better with lower quality/value names, it would be easier to make £1 per day with kentprinters.co.uk than it would with printers.co.uk imo as the exact term would be an easy no.1 for the 2 word where as the single word probably wouldn't feature so quality of names could count against you.

However it may be easier to make £50 per day with printers.co.uk if fully developed as it offers more scope.

All true!

I only recently developed these little sites because ive owned them for years and never done anything with them! I just kept renewing them year after year and so i thought it was about time i got them to earn their keep!

It was either that or sell them - which i am now thinking of doing.

But isn't that the beauty of KBD's business model? Easy to get domains, easy to rank one long tail search terms, easy to put up an okay site, stuff in some adsense....

Rinse & Repeat

and thereby benefit from not putting all your eggs into one basket (other than the adsense one)

food for thought anyhow

Quick update...

I mentioned above that i am thinking about selling a few of my mini sites.

This afternoon I knocked up a quick email (after some great advice from one of the guys on this forum - i wont mention his name or he'll be emailed all night by people asking for his advice!). I sent it to every 'canvas printing' website on pages 1 and 2 of google.

I told each of them that i was selling BigCanvasPrints.co.uk for £250+vat (plus transfer fees).

SOLD IT WITHIN 15 MINS (well the transfer is actually happening in the morning).

Basically, its OK earning a £1 a day but at the moment £250 in the bank is more important!

Ive got many domains/sites like that so im going to offload several of them in the next few days (hopefully).

I'm looking to buy some half decent Adsense sites that make about £1 a day, anyone got any for sale then PM me please.

Cheers

Scott

£1 a day

I'm looking to buy some half decent Adsense sites that make about £1 a day, anyone got any for sale then PM me please.

Cheers

Scott

Ive got several the make about £1 a day - but ive been advised by guys on here that id get the best price by selling the domains to end users, so thats what im concentrating on. Been banging out emails all day to relevant businesses and getting some good respone/feedback.

Heres a few just incase you want to PM me with an offer:

KentNetworking.co.uk
KentLockServices.co.uk
KentCarValeting.co.uk

(Added - sorry Scott, just noticed you wanted a PM!)

Ok, but please let me know what the best offers you get and i can see if i can beat it.

Have tried to PM you but your mail box is full.

Cheers

Scott

Is anyone developed say 20+ sites that all make at least £1 a week on? are they able to do it 90% of the time?

From my experience some mini sites will take off and work, earning more that £1 per week. Others for whatever reason won't, most likely because of too much competiton.

I have a cosmeticstudio.co.uk which doesn't perform at all (only £4.75 of adsense this year).

It's one of my first registered domain names and it's taught me to consider the amount of competition in the search engine results.

I'd like to develop it but I'm wary of the time spent won't pay off.

You have to find a balance between search volume and competition.

I've also got woodbaths.co.uk, it gets hits, but the trouble is, it's so niche I can't find an affiliate.

Phil

This is a great thread and £1 a week should be easy to do imo.

The reason most people won't manage it is because they don't add any content of real value, google's a clever thing you know!!

Giving up is another reason why you won't make any money, if you don't see any traffic or income in the first few months you're doing something wrong. Solution: Make it right.

Look back through this thread and see how many people have given up :rolleyes:

I think i have about 11 mini sites all along the lines which will be successful at earning low amounts each month, £60 to £100 a month each, all it takes is:

1: get a keyword domain - exact match only needs to be high hundreds. Something physical you can sell is best via amazon or ebay links.

2: Do keyword research - Don't overdo this as it will make your content spammy if you focus too much on keywords

3: Build a nice, clean site and have an easy to navigate menu have, 500 words minimum on your home page (1000 + is better if it's needed). Make the site useful and informative, make use of htags as thats what they are there for!!

4: Have incontent links in your home page content for inner pages and for links to the products also on inner pages or product reviews.

5: chill out and let it age a bit - googles been all wierd especialy recently, wether the sandbox exists or not a domain that ages gets better serps imo.

That's about it really, if its a good informative site you'll get links naturally from others, especially if you review products of some kind. If not do some exchanges with others.

This has probably all been mentioned before as i didn't read everything, so please forgive me if this is old ground i'm going over.

Also to the poster above cosmeticstudio.co.uk you know why that doesn't make any money?

As soon as you land your hit with adverts! That won't work, everyone will hit the back button.

People want information when then arrive not adverts, if you're flicking through tv chanels and see adverts do you wait to see whats coming next?

Nice post Rich Tea, I do find it is important to set yourself some goals and try to stick to them, especially if you keep buying domains and have hundreds (or thousands) or your dev pile.

I have also started adding all my developed sites in to Google Analytics, which is a bit tedious but useful. I'm a bit surprised how little traffic they get :(

Admin

Nice post Rich Tea, I do find it is important to set yourself some goals and try to stick to them, especially if you keep buying domains and have hundreds (or thousands) or your dev pile.

I have also started adding all my developed sites in to Google Analytics, which is a bit tedious but useful. I'm a bit surprised how little traffic they get :(

Admin

Thanks, I agree goal can be very important and after all a developed domain is still worth more than just a domain, even if it's just one page!!

As for mini sites and traffic a lot depends on the niche and how much the product is worth, if your site is softest toilet rolls and you say andrex is the best available from here... How much can you make from that? Not a lot without high amount of traffic.

Do the same for a product worth even just around a hundred quid and things look immedietly better, even with just a handful of visitors :)

I think i have about 11 mini sites all along the lines which will be successful at earning low amounts each month, £60 to £100 a month each, all it takes is:

1: get a keyword domain - exact match only needs to be high hundreds. Something physical you can sell is best via amazon or ebay links.

2: Do keyword research - Don't overdo this as it will make your content spammy if you focus too much on keywords

3: Build a nice, clean site and have an easy to navigate menu have, 500 words minimum on your home page (1000 + is better if it's needed). Make the site useful and informative, make use of htags as thats what they are there for!!

4: Have incontent links in your home page content for inner pages and for links to the products also on inner pages or product reviews.

5: chill out and let it age a bit - googles been all wierd especialy recently, wether the sandbox exists or not a domain that ages gets better serps imo.

Do you want to give it a go and let us know how you get on, I for one would love to know.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom