Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Man Utd Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just picked up ManUtdFixtures.co.uk
It has 27.1k local exacts and I am thinking of a simple Wordpress site with the fixtures on it, updated weekly with scorers etc to keep it fresh., some adsense to bring in the money.
What do you think?

The Premier League has always been quite protective over their fixture lists, but I vaguely remember a recent legal ruling that they shouldn't be?

You could always look at ManUtd.net for Man U Fixtures
(site looks better on iphone though IMO)
;)

I would have thought the term "manutd" being in the domain, and with adsense shows you are profiting from a branded tm.

I could be wrong, I'm new to this stuff

I think I have a way around the fixture list protection. Rather than just list all their fixtures as I intended to do I can talk about individual matches, past & present, between Utd and other Prem League teams, then expand this to discuss the upcoming fixture between the 2 . This would make for a more interesting read and possibly open up more monetizing opportunities.
The name Manchester United, Red Devils, and the badges associated with these are trademarked, the word/s ManUtd do not seem to be

Well, imo just tread very carefully. Surely any type of "fan site" would use things like logos etc?

And even though "manutd" may not be trademarked, if its a site about Manchester United, then It could be implied that you are profiting from the entire Manchester United brand.

Like I said, I'm no lawyer, I am just passing on advice that I have learnt from the pros around here :)

Good luck either way :)

Well, imo just tread very carefully.

Like I said, I'm no lawyer, I am just passing on advice that I have learnt from the pros around here :))
I don't plan to use their logos, badges etc or anything where the image rights aren't free.
Luckily, my wife is a lawyer, so I'll run it past her over the weekend.
Thanks

I think I have a way around the fixture list protection. Rather than just list all their fixtures as I intended to do I can talk about individual matches, past & present, between Utd and other Prem League teams, then expand this to discuss the upcoming fixture between the 2 . This would make for a more interesting read and possibly open up more monetizing opportunities.
The name Manchester United, Red Devils, and the badges associated with these are trademarked, the word/s ManUtd do not seem to be

Sounds like a plan so long as you don't post any fixtures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom