Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ofnom.org.uk EGM call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Members,

Many of you will have read the on going Nominet board conflict on nom-steer and TheRegister:

Nominet top brass reject resignation call

Nominet director quits over boardroom rift

Rebel Nominet director calls for the heads of Chairman and CEO

Mandelson's dept mulls UK internet power grab

I am saddened to read the resignation letter by Angus Hanton and the revelations by Jim Davies.

These men have put their reputations, personal wealth and time on the line for us who elected them.

Many questions remain unanswered, such as those relating to executive pay, senior staff discipline and corporate governance.

Therefore, in my opinion, time has come to regain and safeguard membership control of Nominet, a key supplier to all our businesses.

I ask all those who wish to support a ‘vote of no confidence’ against the current board to contact [email protected] as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Wish we could add incompetence dealing with consumer complaints (mostly about 1&1) - I sent them a letter in accordance with their complaints procedure months ago, they said they would do something, still nothing happened...

I was in the process of becoming member, and would support you in this matter, but on hold right now...

Nom lack the balls to tackle 1and1 and 123-reg, unlike icann who with a hard enough shove will pull accreditation. Icann recently pulled the cert on the main cybersquaters haven losing potentially 1,000,000s or fodder regs.

I totally agree with what the comments regarding 1and1, however I think for the purposes of any action on this, then it's better that we concentrate on the points laid out in the original post.

I would like to know more about what's been going on (particularly in relation to investments and the issues in Angus's resignation letter) before fully supporting this sort of thing.

However I suspect that we might not get to find out any of this without an EGM in the first place :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom