Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Premium domains

Reaction score
Just wanted to post in case it helps anyone. I have been domaining since 1998. Should have done better really but done OK. Makes me feel silly that holding a few long term would have been preferable to trading for years.

My biggest takeaway is I have never lost significant money buying category defining domains.in fact they have been my biggest success, even when seemingly not bargains.

I've burnt money on crap though... i still hold 500 i maybe shouldn't.

Example, you buy generic.com for 20k , you think you can liquidate it at 15k or potentially sell it for 6 figs to right buyer. That's a decent risk/reward.

If you have the ability to build a biz around it then even more Justification for top generics.

If you have to build a case for a domain, its probably no good.

Thats just my 10p anyway.

Cheers

Hi Rob

not that many, have a share in a couple of very nice .coms electricscooter and electricscooters both coms.

for myself i have co.uk and .uk of ones like

ebike
electricbikes
strategy

have sold ones in the past like

remortgage.com
telematics.com
buymycar.com
whisky.co.uk

and lots more when was doingmore domaining. I mainly develop now

please post the neccessary picture of you on a beach with a laptop to ensure this post is genuine. :p

please post the neccessary picture of you on a beach with a laptop to ensure this post is genuine. :p

Can't get a screen that works outside with a laptop. Invention waiting to happen! :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom