Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Scammed By Sedo - Please Avoid Them I Beg You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been scammed by Sedo. Around 2 months ago I paid $795 for a domain and the seller eventually started the transfer and everything seemed to be going as normal (I've spent $$$$$ by domains via Sedo over the years).

Then the seller just wouldn't complete the deal and it fell through. This was around a month ago and Sedo STILL haven't given me a refund. I have been pestering them and they keep saying they will sort it soon but they're obviously trying to keep hold of money.

What's worse is that when the deal eventually fell through, Sedo flat out lied to me and said, "We have processed a refund to the payment details in your Sedo account. The payment has left our account." BS, no money ever arrived in my PayPal account.

This is a lesson learned, I will be contacting the owners of domains directly from now on where possible and cutting out the unreliable middle man because I've found out the hard way that they can't be trusted if a deal goes wrong.

I know that eventually a member of Sedo will read this and my parting message is simple: you won't keep my money. I paid for this via PayPal through a credit card, I will start a charge-back. If that fails, I will contact my solicitor and start the appropriate action - I have the means to go down this route even though it's a small amount of money.

Through all sedo's faults, I can't see them not paying you. Have you actually spoken to someone at sedo?

Sedo have a problem with PayPal occasionally, money does leave Sedo and doesn't arrive, when you tell Sedo to investigate its usually sorted straight away.

I read about it online and most people just opened a chat session and it was sorted.

"We have processed a refund to the payment details in your Sedo account. The payment has left our account." BS, no money ever arrived in my PayPal account."

We had the same error last month. Just contact SEDO and the accounts department will sort it for you.

Although I had my battles with sedo over the years I never heard that sedo would not return money paid for domain with failed transfer.

Be realistic - Sedo are far too big to want to steal your money! As others said, contact support and they'll sort it for you.

I have been scammed by Sedo. Around 2 months ago I paid $795 for a domain and the seller eventually started the transfer and everything seemed to be going as normal (I've spent $$$$$ by domains via Sedo over the years).

Then the seller just wouldn't complete the deal and it fell through. This was around a month ago and Sedo STILL haven't given me a refund. I have been pestering them and they keep saying they will sort it soon but they're obviously trying to keep hold of money.

What's worse is that when the deal eventually fell through, Sedo flat out lied to me and said, "We have processed a refund to the payment details in your Sedo account. The payment has left our account." BS, no money ever arrived in my PayPal account.

This is a lesson learned, I will be contacting the owners of domains directly from now on where possible and cutting out the unreliable middle man because I've found out the hard way that they can't be trusted if a deal goes wrong.

I know that eventually a member of Sedo will read this and my parting message is simple: you won't keep my money. I paid for this via PayPal through a credit card, I will start a charge-back. If that fails, I will contact my solicitor and start the appropriate action - I have the means to go down this route even though it's a small amount of money.

ILoveKat, please contact Sedo via our customer care channels or myself directly on [email protected] and I will investigate the matter immediately. Please include the domain in question.

It is difficult to comment on this issue without getting more information, I hope you understand.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

Another exciting update! (not)

I emailed "Dildeep" from above and at first he replied to me with an email that is almost certainly incorrect because he said that I've been sent an email asking me to confirm the payment details in my sedo account and that my refund won't be processed until the payment details have been confirmed. He said that if I've not got the email, he could simply resend it.

Well I've never received any such email but I decided not to go down the route of saying no such email was ever sent because I didn't want to get into any kind of debate, so I simply asked him to resend the email.

But since then, he has decided to start ignoring me; I've sent him two emails with no response from him and obviously, no email about confirming payment details either.

What's worse is that he's posted in these forums today so he's obviously not off on a sickie or a holiday; he's simply ignoring me.

Does anyone have a reliable contact at Sedo who can actually sort this mess out for me? Any help is appreciated.

Do you have any idea about the volume of mail that is lost and never reaches recipients, because it's trapped as spam ? Perhaps you should try using another E-mail address. Or it could be that you are sending from an IP address that is blacklisted.
Why not pick up the phone ?

Do you have any idea about the volume of mail that is lost and never reaches recipients, because it's trapped as spam ? Perhaps you should try using another E-mail address. Or it could be that you are sending from an IP address that is blacklisted.
Why not pick up the phone ?

A very naive thing to say considering contact had been made along with replies from both parties. The odds of multiple emails suddenly getting "lost" is very low.

That's not important though.

What is important is that this issue has now been resolved and I've now been given the refund so thank you to the ones at Sedo who sorted this out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom