Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The new Real Time DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So doesn't this INCREASE the number of DAC calls that can be made?

ie. Time delay DAC quota + Real Time DAC quota

Whereas before there was only Real Time DAC quota.

So, aren't we better off? Clearly i'm confused!

The catching service may still be there but the recent changes seem to make it virtually impossible to create drop lists. If you haven't got drop lists you won't know what's dropping.

Grant

*replace 'virtually impossible' with 'against the terms of the contract' :)

The catching service may still be there but the recent changes seem to make it virtually impossible to create drop lists. If you haven't got drop lists you won't know what's dropping. *replace 'virtually impossible' with 'against the terms of the contract' :)

Hi Grant,

So, the Time Delay DAC is used to created Drop Lists, if you have 12,000 domains on your tag and your highest monthly registration in the last 12 months is 700, what is the new allowance compared to the previous of 432,000?

TIA!

Likewise if they go after the likes of aboutus.org / domaintools.com who seem to cache .uk data, would that stand up if they turn a blind eye to other stuff? I dont know the answer as I am not a solicitor, let alone a failed one :)

The changes seem to be either directly aimed at stopping dropcatching or as you suggest may have been put in place for other reasons but still have the obvious side effect of potentially stopping dropcatching. Given Noms attitude to domaining in general I'll go with the first option.

Either way, the changes could have a huge impact on a whole section of the membership. I doubt they would have been put in place if they threatened the likes of 123-reg, for example.

Grant

Hi Grant,

So, the Time Delay DAC is used to created Drop Lists, if you have 12,000 domains on your tag and your highest monthly registration in the last 12 months is 700, what is the new allowance compared to the previous of 432,000?

TIA!

Hi Colin, it's nothing to do with the quotas, its to do with the new changes to the contract which is here:

Contract terms

If you go back to page 6 of this thread and read forward all will be explained.

Grant

new DAC tools paper

I have written a paper on the proposed new DAC tools policy or operational implementation (which ever you prefer).

Please see the paper here: http://www.andrewbennett.co.uk/dactools.pdf

I would appreciate any member feedback on this as I'm having difficulty getting it on the agenda for the next PAB meeting (being my last).

Please send your responses to nom-steer, Nominet direct or pab-suggest.

Who's for getting 123-reg shut down Monday under clause 5.2.2?

Surely nominet would conclude by end of business that it had been broken and cancel their membership forthwith.

5.3.6. provide more than an insubstantial part of the register or a sub-database of it (e.g. a database containing information released under the whois or the DAC) to a third party or end user in any 24 hour period. For the avoidance of doubt and as an example, more than 100 domain names would be more than an insubstantial part;

If you forget how you checked for the information (DAC, WHOIS, whatever), is it now not allowed that you can provide lists of available domain names?

I am not talking about providing lists of currently registered domains (with whatever status), I am talking about lists of domains that are not in the Nominet database at the time of posting. And what if then some are registered so become part of the database?

Maybe I will just post lists of available "words" with no domain extension shown and you can decide what they are ;)

Last edited:
If you forget how you checked for the infomration (DAC, WHOIS, whatever), is it now not allowed that you can provide lists of available domain names?

I am not talking about providing lists of currently registered domains (with whatever status), I am talking about lists of domains that are not in the Nominet database at the time of posting. And what if then some are registered so become part of the database?

Maybe I will just post lists of available "words" with no domain extension shown and you can decide what they are ;)

You're quite correct in stating that deleting.co.uk can return. Well spotted.

If we all work together to scan names and lists, then we don't break any rules. Another point worth noting when only 1000 drop a day. Only takes around ten to give lists then.

and what say Yell.com who might have a database with X thousand website addresses in... is this subject to the new rules... them being tag holders n'all?

Close but no cigar Lee old son - you've clearly not read the Anti-avoidance rules!

I know about that but that's more to do with pooling limits, I'm talking about delivering a list of over 100, their acceptable use, how that's fair use when they have five million I don't know, i guess that could be argued in court that fair use could be 500,000 or 200,000 compared to the overall total. There's no colusion or connection to be found when compiling a list if everyone releases it seperately.

How do we remove these directors and get our own in? especially get rid of the chief exec who has been there far too long. Corporate espionage against the company we need to work with, well they started it.

1 get own directors in
2 remove and replace existing staff
3 change policies from that that are directly attacking and harming us

Live with us nominet or nominet will find us living with them and shoving them out.

How do we get rid of this lot? http://www.nic.uk/governance/board/

I think as domainers we should set up out own public facing registration company also, get more registrations than pipex (foremely known) etc and get things voted for that way, steal business.

What about Sedo, they are listing tens of thousands of UK domains that obviously have a registered status.

Is any domains list for sale site with more than 100 domains now illegal?

Well it's simple, they'll pick and choose who they enforce the rules against. Stand out of line and get shut down, go along like nice little boys and they'll turn a blind eye.

What about Sedo, they are listing tens of thousands of UK domains that obviously have a registered status.

Is any domains list for sale site with more than 100 domains now illegal?

Sedo don't supply the data from whois alongside addresses though but if anyone knows how sedo uses the data on their servers, maybe we can get sedo shut down as well on Monday.

I've spotted a typo in the DAC T&Cs:

DAC means (i) the Time Delay DAC, and (ii) the Read Time DAC.

Clearly it should say "Real" and not "Read".

Can someone at Nominet please send me a biscuit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom