Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why is it hard to add domains to Sedo to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The system to list domains seems quite good, however a day or two later they get removed and I get sent an individual email for each domain asking me to prove ownership.

Surely having the Whois as my company name and my Sedo account set up with my company details is good enough
Anyone else had problems listing domains?

The system to list domains seems quite good, however a day or two later they get removed and I get sent an individual email for each domain asking me to prove ownership.

Surely having the Whois as my company name and my Sedo account set up with my company details is good enough
Anyone else had problems listing domains?

Not had that problem before with either of the two accounts I run.

Stephen

Sorry, never had that problem either. Something maybe seems unusual to them.

Occasionally I get this - normally due to still being listed in someone else's account. Have you tried contacting them?

My UK domains get listed very quickly and TLDs take a few days.

The only problem I have had is when the previous registrant has the domain listed on Sedo, just contact them and ask them to delete it from their account.

I've had it a few times, I added a couple of hundred domains to Sedo, that went fine, a couple of days later I added another single domain, then got an email asking to see all screen shots of my registrar account showing all my personal details, which they said was to prevent fraud etc

I replied and pointed out that I had added a couple hundred domains just the other day and had not got any such emails from them, and said that if they took 1 minute to check any of the hundreds of domains in my account, they all have the same registrant details as the name I just added, which are all on my own tag, got a reply back straight away saying the domain was now verified in my account.

This happened again for the next couple of single domains that I added, I think on those occasions the domains had been listed on Sedo by someone else, and they hadn't been removed them from their account when they dropped, hence the emails, but why dont Sedo just have a quick look at account details and the current Who-Is to see who now owns it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom