Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg customer service/ paypal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just had a frustrating phone conversation with someone from 123-reg who clearly was rather clueless - not a cheap conversation either as was on hold for over 10 minutes to 0871 number before getting through to be given incorrect information:(

My query related to how I go about cancelling domains through 123-Reg and specifically the Paypal side of the cancellation (ie how I cancel the 'pre-approved payments' part of each domain transaction through Paypal once I have set the domain to manual renewal in 123-Reg)

When I go into this section in Paypal I can see my domain transactions listed by date however the domain names the transactions relate to are not listed and the only billing reference numbers listed are specific to Paypal and do not correlate with either the invoice number or payment reference number from 123-Reg.

This is a problem for me as in some case I have bought 2 or 3 domain names in one individual day but want to cancel only one of them. Not sure how to find out what to do. I can obviously call Paypal but from previous experience of dealing with them I would prefer to avoid this if there's another way.

The ill informed 123-Reg person told me that the agreement with Paypal is for your account as a whole and not per domain which completely contradicts the information you're presented with when you log into Paypal as it lists all the agreements individually and gives an option to cancel each one individually.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks

Just had a frustrating phone conversation with someone from 123-reg who clearly was rather clueless - not a cheap conversation either as was on hold for over 10 minutes to 0871 number before getting through to be given incorrect information:(

My query related to how I go about cancelling domains through 123-Reg and specifically the Paypal side of the cancellation (ie how I cancel the 'pre-approved payments' part of each domain transaction through Paypal once I have set the domain to manual renewal in 123-Reg)

When I go into this section in Paypal I can see my domain transactions listed by date however the domain names the transactions relate to are not listed and the only billing reference numbers listed are specific to Paypal and do not correlate with either the invoice number or payment reference number from 123-Reg.

This is a problem for me as in some case I have bought 2 or 3 domain names in one individual day but want to cancel only one of them. Not sure how to find out what to do. I can obviously call Paypal but from previous experience of dealing with them I would prefer to avoid this if there's another way.

The ill informed 123-Reg person told me that the agreement with Paypal is for your account as a whole and not per domain which completely contradicts the information you're presented with when you log into Paypal as it lists all the agreements individually and gives an option to cancel each one individually.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks

Best to just go to paypal. Cancel every billing arrangement and then start afresh.

123 have some really stupid people working for them who I agree are clueless and let their company down big time. They do however have quite a switched on manager who is a member here. So if you insist they speak to you or you email them I'm sure you can explain your position.

Also.....Why don't you call back have a big rant an rave. Say your never going to deal with 123 reg again and tell them your moving all your business to heart Internet.

That should make you both feel better ;-)

123 have some really stupid people working for them who I agree are clueless and let their company down big time.
I once rang them and the girl got confused when I mentioned nominet...

Also.....Why don't you call back have a big rant an rave. Say your never going to deal with 123 reg again and tell them your moving all your business to heart Internet.

That should make you both feel better ;-)

nice one Caz!
v. topical, you couldn't have asked for a better opportunity for a remark like that ...

I've reversed paypal payments for 123-reg when I registered domain names with them, then saw those domains still available and registered them elsewhere. I'm sure if a website gets so many reversals they must be held to account by paypal

Thanks all for the advice, Caz will do what you suggest I think....Cancelling all of them seems seems the easiest way not to give myself a massive headache...Might also send them a stroppy email to tell them what I think of their customer service.

Bensd - your comment made me laugh!!

Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

If there are certain domains that you want to keep and others that you wish to let expire, you can simply use the Allow Expiry link via the 123-reg control panel.

If you have set a domain to expire via the 123-reg control panel, it will not renew even if the billing agreement is set with Paypal because 123-reg won't ask for the payment.

I don't want to renew my domain
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/an...stration/i-dont-want-to-renew-my-domain-1402/

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

Ricky

Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

If there are certain domains that you want to keep and others that you wish to let expire, you can simply use the Allow Expiry link via the 123-reg control panel.

If you have set a domain to expire via the 123-reg control panel, it will not renew even if the billing agreement is set with Paypal because 123-reg won't ask for the payment.

I don't want to renew my domain
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/an...stration/i-dont-want-to-renew-my-domain-1402/

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

Ricky

Ricckkkyyy

Are you certain about that?

What if someone transfers their domain out of 123? Do you still ask for the payment?

Then the domain would be deleted if transferred out of 123-reg so no payment should be taken.

Then the domain would be deleted if transferred out of 123-reg so no payment should be taken.

Lol so no payment should! be taken. But guess what last time I checked they still where.

I think people just wished that one day someone at 123 actually sat down and pretended to be a few different customers.

And flagged up the problems.

As for your staff not knowing who nominet is, that is madness.

It's not like you haven't had thousands if emails and phone calls over the years to sort all three problems out.

It's the culture imo.

Regarding any staff member not knowing who Nominet are, I can say that we cover this as part of the training.

If you want to direct message me and provide me with the agent's name and nature of the query at the time I would be happy to follow this up.

The excuse I was given for my names NOT being registered after paying was "my post code was rejected by nominet" or something about my post not being valid. Clearly the hundreds (at the time) of other domains they had no problems with or maybe had someone elses post code which was identical to my own :p.

You would think after my complaining 20 or 30 times and refunds being given a dozen or so times and the other times the name magically becoming regged, that whatever the fault was would have been rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom