Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I picked up a couple of domains and they still aint forwarding. I guess this is one of their problems? Don't people do tests before rolling new things out anymore? I'm losing money - well I might be...

One of my comments;

It's not pointing where it's supposed to be. You really need to sort this problem out, when I buy a domain name you need to deliver it to me clean.

Cheers
Lee

Yes I suggested that the other day to someone else, I've done that and reset DNS. I shouldn't have to though. Their system is faulty as it doesn't even show where the domain is currently hosted etc. so I usually need to look up Nominet to see where the nameservers are, but when they say they're 123-reg it's even more strange.

LeeOwen said:
Is it possible to complain to nominet about this incompetent (ahem) business?

123 Are registering the domains as they said they would. Why would Nominet be interested in fact that are not forwarding them?

I would suggest changing nameservers or changing registrar.

If you need straight forward domain registration or redirects we'll sort it for you.
(PM me)

firestars said:
123 Are registering the domains as they said they would. Why would Nominet be interested in fact that are not forwarding them?

I would suggest changing nameservers or changing registrar.

Because they're managing a nominet product and not doing it very well and not answering the telephone even when it's a premium rate and not answering emails. Perhaps I'll need to write a letter? It's all well and good buying a domain name, no good if you can't do nothing with it...

TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your ideas will automatically become the property of 123-Reg, without compensation to you, and (2) 123-Reg can use the ideas for any purpose and in any way, even give them to others.

PUT SOME PEOPLE ON YOUR BLOODY SUPPORT DESKS!

PIPEX Communications

I know where you're shoving the pipe, but where's the communication? Please sort out the web forwarding - the domains are useless otherwise.

Cheers
Lee

I'm getting angry now, when is this two bob outfit going to offer some support and do their job!

Update

I just phoned premium support and they've updated something this morning, if any pages are still hanging you apparantly just need to go back to the page and click update again. Most of mine are now working, just waiting on one or two to find their way home.

Why they couldn't email me I don't know.

Cheers
Lee

*They should give me a free domain name for having to ring premium support.

LeeOwen said:
Yes I suggested that the other day to someone else, I've done that and reset DNS. I shouldn't have to though. Their system is faulty as it doesn't even show where the domain is currently hosted etc. so I usually need to look up Nominet to see where the nameservers are, but when they say they're 123-reg it's even more strange.

I had this problem recently, I had registered a nice set of domains that I planned to park but the forwarding wasn't working. I emailed them asking to look into it and they replied to say that they just reset the DNS. So I guess this is the trick to fix it in the future if/when if happens again.

LeeOwen said:
I'm getting angry now, when is this two bob outfit going to offer some support and do their job!

Dare I say you haven't paid them enough to offer support or do a decent job!

Go with the cheapest registrar and expect cheap support, simple as that.

When it's a major problem I expect them to be upfront about them, courtesy doesn't cost a thing, a general email doesn't either.

Lee

Mine were not forwarding, I updated them and now they are working

Yes they updated their end Friday morning - didn't tell anyone though, reset my domains and they worked as well late last night.

netserve said:

"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot; it cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

The trouble is, they were good but just recently they've been bad, quite why that is I don't know. I'll be phoning them again tomorrow as there were several errors over the weekend with domains I've bought not showing in my account and I'm not going through the "why should we move this?" saga again and again and again.

netserve said:

True... at thier prices you don't expect much support. I for one aren't asking for support - I just want the service they advertise and sold me to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom