Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

2019election.uk

Reaction score
Took a punt on this one as its topical - no idea of value.

Your views appreciated.

Was thinking media and political parties as end users - now and historically - its likely to be of case study interest in years to come.

If I was starting today as a domainer. I wouldn't register any domains. I'd go on DL or UKBackorder find a domain or list of them I like. Research each and every one then pick one to buy because the odds that domain is going turn out to be worth something are far higher than spending the equivalent amount just regging domains. I'd ignore any domain that doesn't have a bid on it. I think right now this can be achieved with a budget of 100 quid and I have no association with either site.

This method does two important things. To get on those sites a professional domainer deems the domain may have some value [no guarantee], and secondly if it has a bid on it another domainer/buyer concurs. To put that into perspective ask how much money you'd have to pay to get a professional appraisal on '2019election' which would almost certainly comeback as reg fee at best. Then how much time, energy and even money would it take to sell '2019election' for £50. When on those sites some measure of that work is done. You're good to go from the off.

After this I'd develop the domain and keep going until I earned some money on it even £50. By end of that journey faster than any method I can otherwise think of as I'm writing this you'd know what this game actually is.

From there whether that initial domain ends up worth something or not you'd make more focused domaining decisions. Slip streaming professional and successful domainers is best way imho - you in fact almost can't go wrong if you approach it with right mindset.

Slip streaming professional and successful domainers is best way imho - you in fact almost can't go wrong if you approach it with right mindset.

Success is a process, not an event. Processes can be replicated, you replicate the process of successful people, you'll become successful.

This domain in my opinion is worth nothing, domains with numbers in them (unless a .com) are really hard to sell. Secondly, you'd have to move pretty fast if you wanted to sell it, 2019 is nearly over and then general election may not happen this year (if at all!). Spend enough time on forums like these reading posts and become a sponge to knowledge and you'll soon find decent enough domains.

I remember registering my first ever domain thinking it was going to be a game changer (britishweb.co.uk) took me hours to think of and I thought it was awesome. I let it drop the next year lol.

2019election.uk reminds me of my recent bad experience with another domain....

A few weeks ago, Sajid Javid announced that this year's Budget would take place on 6 November. I went online, and discovered that Budget2019.com (that's .COM, not .co.uk or .uk!) was for sale at a much lower price than I would have expected, so I bought it then and there.

It had been announced that this would be the biggest giveaway Budget anyone could remember, so a domain like that was bound to get loads of traffic. Surely, I reasoned, there were plenty of accountants and tax advisers who would pay good money to get that domain and re-direct its traffic to their own home page.

But then, in the final days of October, the Budget was cancelled – making 2019 the UK's first year without a Budget in living memory.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in buying Budget2019.com, do please get in touch. I have a mermaid and a couple of unicorns for you too.

Last edited:
Richard, you bought the .uk and .org as well? What is life, if not a risk taking adventure?

Richard, you bought the .uk and .org as well? What is life, if not a risk taking adventure?

Yes, those too Ben (although happily .uk and .org were only hand-registrations).

I suppose I could start researching other English-speaking parts of the globe to see if any of them have a Budget looming during the next 6 weeks ... but I think enough is enough!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom