20i Domains

Am I wasting my time with Nominet?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by spunko2010, Aug 5, 2020.

1. spunko2010 United Kingdom

spunko2010 Member

The way they are marketing it is via text message on Gumtree. I've already reported it to Google so they won't get indexed, but I don't think it's their intention anyway. My concern is, as above, that many people are getting scammed by them and thinking we are one and the same.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Mm that reduces your options. I could have them removed from Google's index by DMCA in about a day but that wont help you, you need a hosting DMCA or, as you say, Nominet to step up and step in. Good luck.

4. gregfindley

gregfindley Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. spunko2010 United Kingdom

spunko2010 Member

Already reported to ActionFraud but I suspect they get so many reports they are next to useless.

6. gregfindley

gregfindley Well-Known Member

Ah sorry, hadn't seen that in your earlier post - this sounds like an incredibly frustrating position to be in, you would hope that Nominet could implement Domain Watch / Domain Lock for the name in question.

Who is their domain registered with?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. spunko2010 United Kingdom

spunko2010 Member

A small update. I heard from Nominet about their DRS policy and it seems if I were to raise the point that their Terms and Conditions go against the advice they are dishing out, then I am free to do that, but I would need to cancel my DRS submission?! No idea what that's about.

Some good news, this strange Indian domain registrar has apparently suspended the domain but it will take a few hours to update. I will wait and see.

• Like Like x 1