Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

CMS and junior football website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guys some advise needed

I've been asked to create (FOC) a database driven junior football club website, which has 11 teams at various age levels, some age groups have several teams in the same league. They want to have multi layer access i.e. a global admin, each team has separate admins etc..

Any suggestions on CMS or any other way to develop?

WordPress has a user access level system as I understand it, and is probably the easiest system for non-techies to oversee/post etc.

WordPress has a user access level system as I understand it, and is probably the easiest system for non-techies to oversee/post etc.

Would second that, and have a nose for plugins for footy related stuff.

Or, if you have a look around for similar sites someone might have some custom code out there for league tables and the like

Thanks

Will that allow the adding of fixtures, results and match reports to a database?

I developed a site for a darts league using Joomla and a module called Joomleague which is mainly based around football but can be modified for other sports. It does everything you want.

I found Joomla a lot harder than Wordpress though and I'm pretty sure there were a few league add-ons for WP around when I was looking.

I found Joomla a lot harder than Wordpress though and I'm pretty sure there were a few league add-ons for WP around when I was looking.

I agree but once you know joomla it's very simple and you'll wonder what the problem earlier on was.

I used the old version of Joomla (1.0) though as Joomleague is only compatable with that. I think the newer version (1.5) is easier.

I did this with Wordpress, choose a template you like and just add a different header image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom