Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

discountvouchers.co.uk launches daily deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug - I have several flooring sites. Would it be possible to affiliate with you / search your deals for DIY or related product offers?

affiliation

Nick

Doubt they are ready to do that yet...sorry

Doug

lol@ fluffy reports.

I have never understood that part of the industry, and even as an IT Director of many years I have never had to rely on a report that tells me something I already know.. but the board level Luddites do tend to like it even if they dont understand it.

Case and point, I was on a 2 year contract for a manufacturing company, prior to my arrival, they just spent £45k on a consultancy that resulted in the installation of a £350k software system that ultimately failed and was abandoned.

I looked at the plan on my first day and said "nope that wont work".

Suffice to say they now have a system that does work at a fraction of the cost.

I dont want to disrespect anyones profession or the standardisation industry that relies on Prince 2 and the likes of such, in the end what it all comes down to is knowing the industry and following your gut. Just because it looks good on excel or powerpoint does not make it so.

No grief taken Ashton:)

Dv is 2 years old now and loads of the site is a mess, but simply we have been astounded by the growth. Imagine taking one idea and growing it to a "real" business with upto 200,000 visitors per day. You want to see the business and backend mess...tech is minor I'll give you a brief overview to show you what has happened:)

Started with one developer and one person and site bashed up in wordpress taking deals as we got emailed them, concept to see if it would work.

Now 3 offices, 3500 deals on anyone day, link builders, ppc team, press agency, daily deals team, content team, biz dev team, accounts department, tech team, data analysis team, useability tream, email team, management team, etc.......no business plan so to speak of.

On a daily basis I am not involved but I know every part of the business is yelling as they want things done by other parts of the business and the managers are juggling like mad

The major issue now is trying to get everyone to know what anyone else is doing as we move from a startup phase into being a main stay business. Having done this with carrentals.co.uk we know that this is the hard bit and it takes time, vision and some luck.

Doug
Ps Tricky1. The reason for not using a new site is that legally if we launch on that domain we can use the 6 million email subscribers. On a new domain we would not be able to do that.
Namestrands - cheers

That's a long way to come in two years. Congratulations. For comparison, I'm nearly at the stage of adding my forth bit of content to a site I've been 'working' on for the last two years :p.

Reading your post and seeing the site is inspiring me to pull my finger out and get working on things again.

- Rob

I did wonder why you hadn't started this a while back. Hope your still paying the team with bottles of booze. Well done.

Looking around, that's an very very good price - and you got paid commission on top of that? Well done :)

Last edited:
Great success story Doug. Fabulous. Sold 300 units off the page and didn't have to email your database. Kudos!

Interesting to see that the company (selling the GHDs) is happy to push online marketing like this but haven't even got a website
Yes, I saw that as well and wondered. Also wondered why there needs to be that link to the supplier's email anyway...

How do you get the deals? We set up a daily deals system for a client and their problem was getting enough deals at the right discount. A lot of merchants were put off by Groupon and their shocking levels of customer service/daylight robbery prices.

Deals

Many players we are partnering with don't get online...hence they have no sites....I clocked it and was gobsmacked, but many business's just dont....stil.

Getting deals, involves having people chasing them

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom