Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainMonster.com Taking The Pi$$

Reaction score
I just paid £8.39 (inc VAT) for a 1 year .UK registration at domain monster!! :mad:

There was a time, not so long back, when it was about £3.30 a year with them. GoBaddy indeed!

Meanwhile, at Dynadot, 1st year .UK registrations are currently on offer at $1.99 & renewals are $7.99/yr (bulk price tier) - that's about £6.19/yr.

Affiliate link - New accounts get $5 DynaDollars free: http://www.dynadot.com?s8JG8o7nA8O6p7l ;)

Ah just saw your affiliate link, how come you didn't register your uk there?

I just paid £8.39 (inc VAT) for a 1 year .UK registration at domain monster!! :mad:

There was a time, not so long back, when it was about £3.30 a year with them. GoBaddy indeed!

Meanwhile, at Dynadot, 1st year .UK registrations are currently on offer at $1.99 & renewals are $7.99/yr (bulk price tier) - that's about £6.19/yr.

Affiliate link - New accounts get $5 DynaDollars free: http://www.dynadot.com?s8JG8o7nA8O6p7l ;)

Wholesale price is £4.50 inc VAT per year so anything below that is either a Nominet promotion or a loss leader. Expect any price offered below £4.50 with every registrar to rise on future renewals.

How is that possible when DM just redirects to you to 123-Reg? Which is currently 99p ex VAT?

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Domainmonster is the most incompetent registrar i've ever used, second only to 123-Reg. Both are owned by Webfusion so the recent merger won't improve anything.

Both are owned by Webfusion so the recent merger won't improve anything.

They were bought out around the same time as Heart I think (I had a fair amount of interaction with them anyway)...those were interesting times (to say the least!). They're all powered by Domainbox anyway afaik.

They've always been good with me in the past, but the prices have gone up and I expect the service could go down. Any recommendations for other registrars?

They were bought out around the same time as Heart I think (I had a fair amount of interaction with them anyway)...those were interesting times (to say the least!). They're all powered by Domainbox anyway afaik.

Domainbox is defunct, yet the website remains live, together with a Facebook page where people are asking questions. A real monumental HEG/GoDaddy cock-up.

Always found domainmonster to be alright, albeit not as competitively priced as they used to be.

Who is good nowadays?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom