Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dropcatcher Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a Dropcatcher.co.uk slot as my first ever dropcatching attempt, is it actually worth doing?

if you're after a uk domain then you they'll give you the best chance of success. No garuantees remember

i agree with charlie.

they catch much less now than they used too.

But if you really want the name then its worth a punt.

Also interested in the freee slots, couldn't find any mention, please could you tell me about them.

thanks

DaveBeasley said:
I think the free slots are offered as a prize to the user who does the most posts on the new 'UnCensored' forum
Dave

isn't that bribery? whats constitutes quality post i wonder - i might cut a paste a few from here :D

Last edited:
DaveBeasley said:
I think the free slots are offered as a prize to the user who does the most posts on the new 'UnCensored' forum

Uncensored for how long ;)

I cannot wait for the debate on how a public facing service can be the 'the largest and most successful' catching system :)

We have always stated that we are the largest and most successful "public facing" dropcatching service. Even our most rabid critics could surely not contradict that?

I wouldnt say that DropCatcher have gone too cold - as they have beaten me 3-4 times in the last week.

I also know of 3-4 other "Better" catchers who also have been beaten by the CHC, so by not booking a slot, for the desired domain name could be mistake!

If you dont have your own Tag or any catching script I would definitely recommend booking a slot with DropCatcher.

Ok Chris - You can now wire the funds over :p

we are the largest and most successful "public facing" dropcatching service

you might find that this is the largest and most successful uk domain forum ;)

TimRogers said:
I am thinking of buying a Dropcatcher.co.uk slot as my first ever dropcatching attempt, is it actually worth doing?

Well I've had an unused credit for about 6 months now because I no longer need to use them, I decided to try and use up this credit so I booked a slot for a domain I was sure was going to drop today but would have little competition, for various reasons I won't go into.

I happened to check the whois just to see if they had caught it yet and to my surprise it was available so I registered it myself :roll:

Probably took 10 seconds to register once I had spotted it, don't know how long It had been sitting there though. Even if It had only just dropped, 10 seconds is a long time in drop catching and your chance of getting a competitive name is slim. Their best days seem to be when there's a prenom drop on, when all the other catchers attention is focused elsewhere.

Paul

Local Shops Adult DVDs HPI Check Domains

Last edited:
"I happened to check the whois just to see if they had caught it yet and to my surprise it was AVAILABLE so I registered it myself"

The only way that could happen is if the DAC was down.

This is as good a reason as any to have an alternative "whois" script running.

Are you sure you got the domain?
Whois has been reporting about 5% rubbish all day.

Or maybe you got it because the faulty Whois is messing up everybody's systems.

paul said:
Yep still showing as mine and I have the acceptance email too.

PM sent - as you will see it's not a bad name either

Well done. I think that a few 'not important enough to use DAC' domains will be available, due to automatic systems using up all their requests on incorrect WhoIs results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom