Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Error with free transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues when attempting to transfer a domain to a new registrant? I mean the free transfer option available to registrars and not the £12 nom transfer.

I'm getting an error about how the operation would cause the number domains to exceed the allowed amount on a self managed tag. :confused:

Dave

How many other names (not on your related list) do you have ?

if more than 5%, then that would explain why changing the name would hit the limit.

I did a transfer a few hours ago no problems.

How many other names (not on your related list) do you have ?

if more than 5%, then that would explain why changing the name would hit the limit.

I did a transfer a few hours ago no problems.

That's just it, no domains not on my related list. :confused:

Guess all I can do is phone Nominet first thing Monday.

Dave

If anyone has seen the following before would appreciate any urgent help as I've got several free transfers stacking up now:

Not transferred for reason: V350 The operation would exceed the number of domains allowed on a self managed tag

Nothing on my tag that isn't me or on my connected names list..

If you go to:

'web domain manager'

then

'manage contacts'

Is there only one copy of your name there, or multiple?

I had similar issue where I had a few different versions of myself - had to merge them to resolve it.

If you go to:

'web domain manager'

then

'manage contacts'

Is there only one copy of your name there, or multiple?

I had similar issue where I had a few different versions of myself - had to merge them to resolve it.

Thanks for your reply mate. I've already tried, it's just me and one other (who only owns 1 domain). :confused:

Have you tried adding yourself to 'third parties' in the tag settings if you haven't already?

Just a few hours and you can ask Nominet ;)

Have you tried adding yourself to 'third parties' in the tag settings if you haven't already?

Just a few hours and you can ask Nominet ;)

Done that + tried adding the registrant's I'm pushing to as connected names too. So strange, first time I've had this problem since free transfers were introduced!

I had this issue when I first setup my own tag. I had 2 domains on my tag. I've included nominets response below. I'm guessing it's something to do with the percentages -

The reason why you are receiving this message is because currently 50% of your domains are registered to third parties due to 1 of your 2 domains being registered to XXXXXXXXXX.

The maximum third party allowance is 5% of total domains on the tag. Therefore, you will either need to add ‘XXXXXXXXXX’ as one of your ‘linked names’ so that it counts as a self managed domain or you will need to release this from your tag.

I had this issue when I first setup my own tag. I had 2 domains on my tag. I've included nominets response below. I'm guessing it's something to do with the percentages -

The reason why you are receiving this message is because currently 50% of your domains are registered to third parties due to 1 of your 2 domains being registered to XXXXXXXXXX.

The maximum third party allowance is 5% of total domains on the tag. Therefore, you will either need to add ‘XXXXXXXXXX’ as one of your ‘linked names’ so that it counts as a self managed domain or you will need to release this from your tag.

I have 72 domains on the tag, 71 registered to me, 1 registered to someone else on my connected names list. :(

The 5% only applies if you qualified as a channel partner not just self managed.

I'm lead to believe as a pure self managed tag your only allowed 1 other name, so 1 ttransfer per time.

The 5% only applies if you qualified as a channel partner not just self managed.

I'm lead to believe as a pure self managed tag your only allowed 1 other name, so 1 ttransfer per time.

I've been transferring fine with more than just me on their up to now since the free transfers started though mate.

If you're a self managed tag, you're NOT allowed 5% or 25 domains in non-connected registrants. You're allowed 1, which is to facilitate a transfer.

In order to have 5% or 25 domains in non-connected registrant names, you have to meet the requirements for a Channel Partner.

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

Dave, have you transferred any names since the work nominet carried out late last week ?

I still have no problem transferring more than one domain away from my tag for free, even though my tag only holds around 10 domains. I just have to add the registrant name to my 'third party' setting first, then remove after.

Getting answers to questions like this, is not dissimilar to getting blood from a stone.

I've given up trying to get answers on things tag related, I just seem to get the run around with unwritten and unofficial rules, which just annoys me heh.

Maybe Dave got more conclusive answers ?

Thanks for explaining. I understand what you mean. 1 domain or one transfer at once which could be a bulk transfer of multiple names to one single new registrant?

(from LG G3)

It just started working again a couple hours back on it's own and I transferred the domains. Wtf. Well I did contact Nominet anyway who have yet to respond.

Can someone write directions on how to do a free transfer

Can someone write directions on how to do a free transfer

With Domain Junky, I collect the new contact details and TAG in a form then

EPP ContactCreate - save contact ID in response
EPP Transfer to the saved contact ID
EPP Release to the desired TAG

Less than a second later and the name has gone to the customer

Using Automaton or the Web interface run the same steps.

Needs to be self managed or accredited to get access to the Transfer facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom