Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fake Buyer Transfer (FBT) its just matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have mentioned about this is another post but let me give exact scenarios.

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/sold-...name-sportsdirect-co-uk-sold-120-000-a-2.html

Example of SEDO FBT scam.

With a domain name I pose as seller on Sedo. I receive offer for domain on sedo. I agree to that offer and buyer is instructed by sedo to send money to escrow. Once money received I am being told by Sedo that I should initiate transfer, to given email address. I do research on that email address and permeably ( not necessarily) I find name and details of person that the email address belongs to. I initiate transfer of domain name to another of my emails addresses. Then I inform Sedo that i have initiated transfer. Wait for 2/3 days (for good measure) then I transfer domain name to name of person that i have researched but I register on account with my access details. Then I inform Sedo that domain name transfer has been completed. Sedo looks at whois and approve the payment. Once payment approved I move domain to yet another name and account. So, I received the payment and keep the domain, buyer has nothing.

I have sold hundreds domains on Sedo, and for years I have been close friend but now strong critic of Sedo. So I know how their system works.

This FBT can be adapted to other platform and all sorts of deals. Even the buyer can fake that he/she did not receive the domain.

This is very real scam has anyone experienced similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom