Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fresh Store Builder Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, I have just launched a new FSB store as an experiment to see if you can rank these sites and make money on them, as there is a lot of conflicting opinions about the platform.

- I am not asking for a review of the site so please don't , I didn't want to spend weeks on it, so I have made it what I would call acceptable.

http://menscowboyboots.co.uk

Pretty good niche with pretty good monthly search figures, averaging around 2000 local, getting up to about 2500 in winter months.

I paid the $39 for unlimited stores, so not much of a risk financially, I have spent the last few days tweaking the template, I purchased the bootstrap template from Ramos themes for £10.99 (It had a few bugs which I had to fix, John from Ramos themes did finally send me the fixes but I had already fixed them by the time he had, he is generally pretty helpful but a bit slow to respond..

The theme you purchase is just a very basic bootstrap theme, but if you know bootstrap, and some front end coding it's pretty easy to adapt.

I delved into the FSB templates a bit to make some bespoke changes, these are also pretty easy to change to suit your needs.

I added products manually (About 40) rather than auto populate as I didn't want to have to deal with hundreds of products, and I wanted to pick good quality items with good reviews.

I re-wrote all the product details so they are all bespoke and re-wrote all the meta descriptions, URL's, Product Titles and wrote a buying guide.

I intend to add a couple of products a week with a view to stocking about 75 in total, I will also add a couple of unique articles in the next few weeks.

I will also set up a twitter and Facebook page, and then see what happens.

I will post progress in this thread regarding SERPS, Hits and conversions once there is anything to report.

Cheers.

Dennis

TBH I have totally ignored it since it launched due to being to busy on other stuff.

With no effort whatsoever it is:

page 8 for - mens cowboy boots
page 5 - mens cowboy boots uk

There are obviously loads of long tail searches it might rank for

I have made 1 sale.

I probably need to target it more to the UK market as obviously competing with US sites is tough.

Again, I haven't had time to do anything with the site but here are latest stats:

page 4 for - mens cowboy boots
page 3 - mens cowboy boots uk

So it's going up:p

Sales: still 1:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom