Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ozzie would say 'strewth' DD24 mucked up a domain purchase, their system does this occasionally and it shuts you out when payment is pending so you have to go elsewhere.

I'm obviously not going to ukreg and 123reg are a rip off so I go to the only other two I can think of off the top of my head, moniker and godaddy. Moniker's .com are pricey so I go godaddy.

What a palava, all I wanted was a domain in a hurry but can you do that? NO. Buy this, add that, are you sure you don't want these other 5 million domains... which button do I press? all I want is to buy two domains...

Anyway finally made it. Here's a lesson, have your bases covered if one of your preferred registrars lets you down. Hopefully now I've got a godaddy account it'll be a one click purchase in future instead of going all around the houses.

Edit: Just checked, over 20 pages to final confirmation...

Last edited:
123reg

how are 123 a rip off, price a little more but reg. service I have had 100% NO problems in 4 years, their website is great to use,for a few pennies more its worth it, and still cheaper than most.

I second that.

The only thing that they need to add is a bulk web forwarding and email forwarding change facility. To do one at a time on hundreds of domains is plainly ridiculous.

texidriver said:
Where is this thread going?

Why does GoDaddy need a photo ?

Sorry perhaps I should have started a new thread. As for why godaddy needs a photo. I'm not sure, perhaps it's in case they make a bad judgement and it gets to court? I wanted to use ikobo to transfer money once and they wanted a photo and all sorts, I told them to stick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom