Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Adwords - Aaarrrggghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What the **** are G up to with their adword payments and activations!!

I had one of those vouchers for £75 worth of adverts (which took two weeks to approve the first ad!) now I have used all my spend so I advanced my account.

I had three options:

A) BACS - where G said it would take 5 days to set up (!)
B) Payment Transfer - again where G said 5 days (5 days for a damn CHAPS to be allocated)
C) Credit Card

I opted for C. Gave my account details over and 5 days later I am still waiting for the payment to be processed (!!). They have taken payment but as my ads have disappeared from the listings it is very frustrating

How can someone as big as Google, who enjoy all the technology advancements and economies as they do, take so damn long to take a payment, assign to my account and let me spend money with them advertising my business.

Surely they want to promote people spending with their adword business, not causing so much annoyance they'd jump ship at a moments notice.

Rant over.

You did better than me - I had one of those vouchers but G insisted on taking money for ads from my bank account rather than using my advertising credit (right options were checked and was well within budget). I gave up in the end.

I just opt for manual payments and don't put my credit card in until the voucher expires. Easy as pie :)

I just opt for manual payments and don't put my credit card in until the voucher expires. Easy as pie :)

That is exactly what I did - they have activated my account since although apparently I have to pay 20p a click (otherwise my Quality Score isn't good enough - gone are the days of 5p) even though there are NO other advertisers for this keyword - and my ad still only shows at foot of page instead of top or right.

I have an exact match on the domain for the keyword I'm trying to advertise for (which is an org.uk) and the entire website is devoted to this subject - apparently my Quality Score is still only 4!

Are they just taking the mickey now?

That is exactly what I did - they have activated my account since although apparently I have to pay 20p a click (otherwise my Quality Score isn't good enough - gone are the days of 5p) even though there are NO other advertisers for this keyword - and my ad still only shows at foot of page instead of top or right.

I have an exact match on the domain for the keyword I'm trying to advertise for (which is an org.uk) and the entire website is devoted to this subject - apparently my Quality Score is still only 4!

Are they just taking the mickey now?

Sometimes when its a new account, they intentionally lower the Quality score - and then adjust when your account gets some activity. Your ads and peoples reaction to your site (bounce rate high?) also factor in. Its normal to have a low QS to start.

Sometimes when its a new account, they intentionally lower the Quality score - and then adjust when your account gets some activity. Your ads and peoples reaction to your site (bounce rate high?) also factor in. Its normal to have a low QS to start.

There's some hope then :)

Useful to know - cheers

You did better than me - I had one of those vouchers but G insisted on taking money for ads from my bank account rather than using my advertising credit (right options were checked and was well within budget). I gave up in the end.

This is indicative of your voucher being cancelled. They sometimes delete full batches, even after they have been applied to the account. I dont think they tell you if the voucher is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom