Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google External Keyword tool + country specific search volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been researching a niche using the Google External Keyword tool set to UK. My keywords are phrases that are more commonly used in the USA than the UK and I am concerned that the search volumes I am seeing are not 'real' UK searches as the volumes are much higher than I expected.

Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to confirm the results really do reflect UK traffic? Are there any other tools that are worth using to double check, like Wordtracker (which I have not used for ages)?

Thanks.

It is what it is! Google keyword tool is probably the best thing available but definately not accurate!! Look at it as a very rough guide!!

Thing is, I am seeing 250,000 per month using Google External Keyword tool when I was expecting 10,000 or so max (if that).

Thing is, I am seeing 250,000 per month using Google External Keyword tool when I was expecting 10,000 or so max (if that).

Are these broad or exact searches?

It is about 250K phrase matches and 10K exact matches for a two word phrase, which indicates to me a good long tail of keyword phrases (but also a shedload of work to take advantage of them)

words

Google does show lot of variances for some keywords depending on places.

for example, if you are searching adwords tool in usa for u.k market, it is probable that you will see usa keywords as more searches.

if you want to be sure about the search volume,

pls check the same exact search in google estimator, google adwords, google trends, and google search tool. Also compare with the words(searches) you are already familiar keywords with all the google tools.

If you see large differences, then its fake.

good luck

The country-specific part does seem to be broken at the moment.

I just tried with "credit card applications" (exact match) and it gives 135,000 whether you specify UK, US or All Countries (the CPC varies a bit for each)

Most annoying!

Cheers, Jon

Have a look at "scrap gold" in exact mode:

74,000 Global searches vs 135,000 local searches :confused:

Same with "train times" (exact) - 1.2 million local, 1 million global. And the figures stay the same if you switch to "All countries"

Cheers, Jon

Same for canucks

I'm having the same problem when I'm searching for the Canadian market place on some general terms (not canadian geo specific).

I know why the local & worldwide searches are different now.

The global numbers are the average of the total searches performed in 1 year.

The local searches are the total number of local searches in the last calendar month.

So you can get local numbers showing as more than global searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom