Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Heart Internet issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've purchased some domains on here... as usual... Nominet reg transfer as usual.... no problems...

When I asked Heart Internet to take the domains on for me... from someone else who is at Heart, they've asked me to go back to the original owner to do an 'internal transfer' as well. They're not going to accept these domains unless this process is completed.

With my current ISP, there's never been a need to do this ... Have I been very lucky with my ISP (do other ISP's demand the same) .. or does anyone else think that this is a bit of 'over administration'?

When I asked Heart Internet to take the domains on for me... from someone else who is at Heart, they've asked me to go back to the original owner to do an 'internal transfer' as well. They're not going to accept these domains unless this process is completed.

If these are the domains I sold you, let me know and I'll help get it sorted.

When I used the Nominet Online System to transfer ownership of the domain, it appears this does not get reflected by the Heart System (I'm not exactly sure how the technology would allow it to be reflected). So, even though legally the domains are now yours as per updated WHOIS, the Heart Control Panel still shows the domains in my account. As you also want to hold the domains at Heart, the only way to correct this is an internal account transfer. If you were going to use another company, I could flag the domains for cancellation on expiry (although note if I forgot to do this, I would still get billed even though I don't own the names anymore).

Rgds

I had this with a domain with heart last week. A simple support ticket saying "I am now the legal owner, see whois, see my account details... please delete the domain reference in the other persons account so I can add it in my account."

Sorted. Their support is really good and fast tbh. :cool:

Lucky you JMOT!... I've been banging my head for the last few hours trying to get it sorted!

.. and yes, Chris.... they're yours... I'll PM you in a mo.....

.. got this as a final management response .....

I am member of the management team at Heart Internet, and this has been passed to me for investigation. The 7days/proof of id method exists purely as a fallback, in instances where normal transfer procedures have failed, or if there has been a communication breakdown between two parties. In nearly all instances, internal transfers take place instantly, by performing an inter-customer transfer. In cases where this has not been possible (e.g. through a refusal, or due to a party being un-contactable), it is necessary to have assurance that we are taking the correct action.

Consider these example circumstances:
- Customer a) has 100 domains in their account, they manage these domains for company x.
- Disgruntled employee of company x creates a Heart Internet account in the name of company x, claims that these domains belong to them.
- We can't make the change by default, we ask customer a) to make this change, as they are administrating the domains.
- Customer a) doesn't respond to our request. What should our next step be? If we don't request proof of ownership, and simply transfer the domains over, we have made a huge error.

Alternatively, consider the case where a customer pays by invoice, and a reseller has renewed x domains for them. If we don't try and contact the other party first, to ensure that a transfer is acceptable, we've damaged the business interests of one of our customers, they will then have to pursue the matter via legal avenues.

This sort of situation occurs all too often, it is our duty to ensure that domains are never placed into incorrect accounts, I'm sure you can see that, viewing the situation purely from the outside, these circumstances closely mirror the first example case above. Without additional information upon which to base our decision, we would be wrong to forcefully move domains between Heart Internet accounts.

If you have bought these domains from a Heart Internet customer, you should be in contact with them - performing an inter-customer transfer is very quick, so the amount of administration required is minimal. They just enter the email address of the receiving account, and you click a link to confirm the transfer.

I have to admit that although I see this as 'over administering' the responses have been very swift and I think I might be swayed to go with them after all.... and I suppose this is another layer of 'security' for my domains....

It just feels that once you've done the leg work to transfer a domain, this sort of thing should be automatic.... After I've completed a transaction it seems a bit unfair to go back to the seller to do more admin to 'complete' the sale... especially when the domains are not exactly high value!

Last edited:
I've had similar problems with 123-REG in the past. Always gets sorted after a few support emails/phone calls to prove my indentity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom